Frustrations With MAC

mizzbeba

One of MY biggest frustrations is when I'm excited about a color and look at it on the mac website and fall in loooove with it but then go see it in person only to find out it's a totally different color. The colors on the site are usually 99.9999 % of the time way off from the actual color.
th_dunno.gif

CaitlinRH7

Also consider that partner locations (counters)....(for example: Dillard's....is in contract with MAC....contract stipulations are: DILLARD'S buys stock from MAC to sell....so Dillard's makes a profit off it for making it readily available to their local buying market) Dillard's doesn't have the same stock inventory as say...a Saks Fifth Avenue...or Belk...or Macy's...or whatever department store they choose to partner with.

Unfortunately for these red-headed step children... Nordstrom was the first department store to feature MAC Cosmetics as not only a brand, but a face of the future, and the on-top-of-trend makeup line. So Nordstrom gets exclusives for being the ever-so-faithful name that always believed in MAC's promise and premise. I don't blame MAC for giving Nordstrom those exclusives. They were the first company to give MAC access to the public...alongside Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Borghese, Bobbi Brown, etc.... whatever cosmetic lines inhabit department stores. All of which STILL don't compare to MAC... in my eyes. And I know I'm not the only firm believer that MAC is still number one.

PS - The ONLY way MAC will ever bring limited items back permanent is IF YOU TELL THEM!

Contact customer service and tell them you want it permanent...and it will happen. It happened with MSF...and if you like something enough...and it gets heard by the right people.... it will happen.

Why do you think they come out with "collections"? To test what people like...to see how it sells and how people respond to it!!!!! Be heard. MAC LOVES FEEDBACK!!! Positive OR negative!!!!

:::::removing myself from my soapbox::::

th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
XOXOXOXOX
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

CaitlinRH7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzbeba
One of MY biggest frustrations is when I'm excited about a color and look at it on the mac website and fall in loooove with it but then go see it in person only to find out it's a totally different color. The colors on the site are usually 99.9999 % of the time way off from the actual color.
th_dunno.gif

The way the colors look on your SCREEN is usually your contrast/brightness level on your monitor.

The way a picture looks on my screen looks totally different on yours, because levels vary with each monitor.

You can't shoot the messenger!!!
tong.gif
Colors look different regardless of what computer you see them from. Textures vary...the amount of glitter.... the matteness...the opacity. Makeup is just hard to buy when you can't see it in person. You wouldn't expect to be able to match CoverGirl to your face judging by a gross plastic swatch right in front of your face right? Same concept to me. I can't possibly find the right color unless I see it on skin. Maybe its just me?
th_dunno.gif

rbella

MAC Frustrations

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I just thought I'd give my 2 cents. I would be super pissed if I was a MAC MA. I have gone to 3 different stores searching for anyone who can give me information on Sonic Chic and Electrodazzle. Everyone in every store looked at me as if I was speaking a foreign language and told me there was no such thing. If it is true that these are being released in July, shouldn't someone in the upper headquarters of MAC inform their employees? It doesn't make sense.

One of the things I rely on in an MA is his/her ability to give me the scoop on what is coming up, select products that work well for me and hold things for me that I will like. My Chanel MA always calls me way in advance of new launches, he sets aside products for me that he knows I'll like so I don't lose out on them and tells me what products from new upcoming collections I won't need so I don't waste my time on them. In a way, he helps me budget.

If it weren't for Specktra, I honestly think I would have just given up on MAC by now. I think the lack of info given to the employees is unfair to them and to me.

Just a rant...Sorry.

Hilly

Re: MAC Frustrations

I agree. Specktra is AWESOME for always unveiling the goods. Which MAC stores do you go to? I always tell my one MUA about the upcoming questions....kinda funny but also interesting..

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I agree. Specktra is AWESOME for always unveiling the goods. Which MAC stores do you go to? I always tell my one MUA about the upcoming questions....kinda funny but also interesting..

I go to the freestanding one in the Galleria, at Nordies in the Galleria and at the freestanding one in West U. I haven't become all that close with any particular MAC MA yet because of this. I guess if I did I would inform them, but I feel bad for them. I feel like they are pissed when I bring it up, I know I'd be pissed. I know they aren't pissed at me, just the situation....

Hilly

You should check out the Rice Village store. They are pretty cool there. There is a macy's counter in Clear Lake I go to if I need to get something or for a launch, but the customer service is much better at R.V.

user46

I agree. I hate knowing more than the MA, lol. It makes me look obsessed.

purrtykitty

It's probably because they haven't been to update yet which is in early July and these collections are being released shortly after that. What would piss me off is if they were clueless even after being to update. In general, though, because of Specktra, I'm more in the loop than my MA's are.

GlossyAbby

Its crazy I know more about the collections than the ma's do at the counter I frequent..it makes me seem crazy obsessed....... On vacation I visited the Kansas City Mac store and the MA I saw there knew all about the future ones. We chatted forever and she told me to come work for mac... I wish....see ya boring office job
smiles.gif

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlossyAbby
Its crazy I know more about the collections than the ma's do at the counter I frequent..it makes me seem crazy obsessed....... On vacation I visited the Kansas City Mac store and the MA I saw there knew all about the future ones. We chatted forever and she told me to come work for mac... I wish....see ya boring office job
smiles.gif

OMG!! That's how I feel. I feel like they think I'm some freak that is so obsessed with MAC....Which I am!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I went to Nordie's MAC counter and met an MA named Kyla. I loved her. She will be my go to from now on. She was so sweet, gave me samples and about 6 of the colour forms brochures!! How nice is that???????? I told her about Specktra. I hope she joins. She is so pretty that I wanted to punch her just so she would have a flaw. J/K.

Mizz.Yasmine

Who is the one(s) that gets all the 411 here anyways? Do we have like a secret MAC spy or something?lol

lmc11

The future collections/products are leaked onto specktra before MA even know, that is why sometimes they do not have information.

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmc11
The future collections/products are leaked onto specktra before MA even know, that is why sometimes they do not have information.

Well that is pretty well understood. But, wouldn't it seem that it makes sense that MAC is very well aware that this information is being "leaked". I mean if these launches were really all that secretive, then MAC would have put an end to "leaking the information" a long, long time ago. I would just think that if you are going to release info, update your employees. It is only fair to them.

jenjunsan

I agree. The MAC MA's at the Baton Rouge store in Mall of Louisiana are very lacking in what I would expect. Most of the time I know more about the products than them and 9 out of 10 times they can't answer my questions when there's something I don't know. I do better getting answers here. On top of that on more than one occassion I have called and asked if they had something (an LE) in stock and they said yes so my mother who lives near there went to pick it up to find that they DIDN'T have it. 2 weeks ago I was making the trip to see my mother and called to see if they still had any Gold Spill MSFs (since I have come to love mine and wanted a backup or 2), they tell me to hold, come back and say "No, sorry." Had some extra time while I was there, so I decide to stop in and pick up a few staples. Low and behold what is sitting right there...GOLD SPILL! I'm glad I stopped in on a whim, but the customer service there has been very lacking.

EDITED TO ADD: I am VERY pleased with the customer service I have received from MAC Pro and maccosmetics.com.

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.Yasmine
Who is the one(s) that gets all the 411 here anyways? Do we have like a secret MAC spy or something?lol

LOL that's what i'm thinking...
th_dunno.gif

MacArtist

Just my two cents..

I work for MAC and we learn about new launches at our updates. This one is scheduled for early July so how would we know about what is coming up before we've been? Info is being leaked here (not that I mind, I like to see what's coming up too). So, in closing, please don't blame your local MA's if they don't know whats coming up...we just haven't seen the new launches yet! Yeah, and after it launches, if the MA's can't tell you about the products then that's not a good thing lol !!!

lazytolove

I agree with you. Last time MAC Dress Camp came out and i did not know it only sale on MAC's website. So i came into the store and asked a MA "How come Dress Camp collection is not here yet?" She looked at me like i'm a crazy bastard and said, "Sorry, i don't know what you're talking about."

Shame on those kind of MAs! Maybe somebody else deserve to work at MAC more than them. At least, me...just a MAC customer and i do know about MAC informations more than them.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
You should check out the Rice Village store. They are pretty cool there. There is a macy's counter in Clear Lake I go to if I need to get something or for a launch, but the customer service is much better at R.V.

I like that store too. But I've found Nordstrom to be the worst. If you go to the Galleria during the week the SA's are much more helpful ans attentive. On the weekend--no chance