full coverage foundation

caffn8me

It gives excellent coverage and is used a lot in beauty photography. You probably wouldn't want to wear it every day unless you actually needed that degree of coverage. If properly applied however it will stay in place all day and still look good. Madonna used this as her foundation on her Blonde Ambition tour.

It's almost identical in composition to Studio Finish SPF35 concealer. You can layer it and you need to set it with a setting powder after you have applied it. For a more natural finish, once you have applied the powder and given it time to set properly, buff it gently using a buffer brush and finally spray with Fix + to remove visible powder.

You can thin it down with Face & Body Mixing Medium (a Pro product). The opacity depends on the method of application. Use a dry sponge for maximum coverage and a damp sponge or a brush for a more sheer coverage.

It's a really great foundation if you need high coverage.

caffn8me

I use a loose translucent powder (another Pro product) but you can also use one of the coloured loose powders. The idea when setting it is to put an excess of powder on it makin g sure it is pressed well into the foundation, wait a few minutes for it to set and then remove the excess powder. Much easier to do this with a loose powder than a pressed. Some artists like to use Studio Fix to set it but I've never found I've needed to get the extra coverage that can provide. It's a great foundation that looks colour consistent under different lighting conditions including flash.

Frekkles21

thank u so much! what about face and body... do you set that with a powder. the ma told me to set it with studio fix?

caffn8me

You don't really need to set Face & Body as it dries to a waterproof finish. You can use Studio Fix or a translucent powder to take the sheen off it if you want but you don't have to. Face & Body is another great foundation for beauty photography but it's very sheer so it's not for folks who need to cover a lot of blemishes. I'm still building up my kit for working on other people but it only contains three foundation types - Full Coverage,. Studio Fix and Face & Body. Bearing in mind that I can mix Face & Body with Full Coverage that gives just about every degree of opacity I need.

shabdebaz

I tried it for the first time recently after using a sample I got at training and...WOW! It really has amazing coverage, if that's what you are looking for. It is on the heavy side, but again, its purpose is the coverage. I mixed it with strobe cream to thin it out and it stayed fresh all day long.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabdebaz
I tried it for the first time recently after using a sample I got at training and...WOW! It really has amazing coverage, if that's what you are looking for. It is on the heavy side, but again, its purpose is the coverage. I mixed it with strobe cream to thin it out and it stayed fresh all day long.

What is your skin type?

Frekkles21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabdebaz

how did you mix it wih the srobe cream? Did you mix with your brush or just put the strobe cream on your face first then the full coverage? thanks so much girls! Im learning SO much!
smiles.gif

shabdebaz

I actually mixed the two together on a palette with a brush before putting it on my face. For my skin type, I would say that I have normal skin.

caffn8me

You won't be able to mix Full Coverage with Strobe Sream or Face & Body (either the foundation or the mixing medium) on the face. You need something like a pallette or a petri dish. You can mix it with a brush but I find this gets too much product stuck in the brush so I use a very flexible pallette knife for mixing. That way I know I'm not damaging the brush or getting too much product caked into it which makes application and subsequent cleaning difficult.

Mixing with Strobe Cream works fine. One thing I often do is to mix Full Coverage with Face & Body mixing medium and add loose iridescent powder which gives the finished foundation a real "depth" to it.

Latest posts