Fuscia pink lipstick

jsimpson

I thought that Rocking Chick would look good on me so I went to Nordstrom at lunch. Of course they didn't have it but the girl said that Lustering was comparable. I tried that and of course she said it looked good but I thought it looked like ass. I was really wanting to wear this color so I'm a little disappointed. I think I am going to have to try something a little lighter..any suggestions??
weeping.gif

Showgirl

I personally adore Lustering and really *looks around and whispers very quietly* don't much like "rocking chick".... but they are COMPLETELY different lipsticks you're talking about, "Lustering" is a peachy-toned lustre "hot pink" and rocking chick is (to me) quite a reddish undertoned frosty "hot pink".... it all depends on your skintone, really.

The ultimate "fuschia" lipstick that Mac have in their regular line is the amplified creme "Girl About Town", a hot pink with strong blue undertones. It's really gorgeous and worth having a look at, and is probably the thing in the permanent line that's most similar to Rocking Chick (but IMHO twice as nice).

However, I am concerned that if you find "Lustering" - a sheer lipstick - too dark, then Girl about Town might not be the best idea for your first fuschia lipstick. How about trying lipglass in "Pink Poodle"? Its a really bright pink, but it just gives a touch of colour. Or there's lacquer in "Veneer", which I personally think is beautiful, it's a more purplish "hot pink" with shimmer to it.

jenii

I agree with Showgirl about Pink Poodle l/g. It's a very nice fuchsia. I let my sister borrow it on Halloween, and she almost didn't want to give it back! I said "HAY, BUY YOUR OWN, MOOCHER."
lol.gif

contrabassoon

I saw a lipstick that is very similar to Rocking Chick in Sephora. It was from NARS and it was either Schiap or Funny Face. You can try those.
smiles.gif

little teaser

when they ran out of rocking chick at the counter i go to they put girl about town in the display and said it was very close to it.