Getting your m/u to look vibrant?

GalleyGirl

For some reason I have a huge problem with getting my makeup to show up on me, to the point where people think it's funny once they find out I'm interested in m/u because they can never tell I wear any. I'm NC 20, so its not an issue of using shades that are too light. Any suggestions? I'm just so inspired by all the lovely FOTD's with gorgeous color!

BlahWah

Are you using any base for your shadow? MAC paints are good, but after experimenting with those I find Urban Decay's Potion Primer to knock them outta the water! UDPP keeps the shadow colour true and has it last pretty much all day.

Another trick you can try is to use your shadows wet. After picking some up w/ the brush, spray some water/Fix + on the brush, then apply as you usually do. You don't neet a lot, usually one spray about 15 cm away does it.

KaylaGrace

Yeah, definetly try using a base for your shadows. I was having the same problem, and after using bases, it seemed to go away.

ebonyannette

Bases are what worked for me, Im NW55 and cant get colors to show up on me. I use shadesticks and paints.
I also have UDPP its the most FABULOUS product I have used (specially if you have problems with creasing!) make sure you use a thin layer, usually one stick is enough for both eyes.
Sometimes I use UDPP and then a thin layer of paint over it when I am wearing colors that tend to blend into myskin like espresso or mulch it just makes them more visible on me. HTH

hungrychild

I use chapstick under eyeshadow when I want it to go on really, really vibrant.

I warn you though, it's very hard to blend when you do that. Maybe leave a little space on your eye without chapstick to blend in.

Beauty Mark

Applying makeup wet or in a creme form helps.

This may seem obvious, but are you using enough of the product?

bellaetoile

you really need to use a good base under your makeup, especially under your eyeshadow. i use urban decay primer potion, which helps prolong the wear of shadows and pigments, and then a shadestick which enhances the colors that i'm using.

smooth a thin layer of the primer potion onto your finger, then smooth onto your lid. let it dry for a few minutes. a little primer potion goes a long way, and you shouldn't be able to see the layer of it. next, take a shadestick, blast it with a hair dryer for 5 seconds or so, and again, smooth it onto your finger, then onto your lid. i use overcast, a shimmery white, because it makes every color pop. if you want though, you can use shadesticks in colors that coordinate with whatever shadow your using. applying to your finger first gives you more control over placement on your lid, and also cuts down on the "tugging" so many people complain about when using shadesticks. make sure your using high quality brushes, or sponge-tip applicators, to apply your shadow or piments.

for face and lips, again, primer is the way to go, foundation and blushes look best over a prep and prime face, which enhances and prolongs the wear. prep and prime lip is GODSEND, which really makes lip products look better and last longer. also, fill in your lips with a lip pencil, then go over them with the color of your choice. lip pencil lasts longer than most glosses and sticks.

and last but not least, choose pigmented products. go for bright colors. layer it on. test products before you buy them. it takes time, but eventually you'll learn what works for you, and how you can make colors last longer. practice makes perfect.

Latest posts