Girls can you look@this and tell if me if it's OK?

BellaItalia1969

Im not that hot on telling the difference between counterfeit Mac Hyper Real foundation ,as I use Mac Mineralize satin finish...but my collegue is bidding on this ...Im not too sure if it's genuine or fake ...
The fake Mac Mineralize ,that i have seen had a really deep glass bottom,looked cracked inside too,but I can't tell with this ..Hyper Real...the seller says in auction that the box is bit bashed?
!BQ+VcK!BGk~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLmJg8nBJ7rq0i6Vw~~_1.JPG
BRAND NEW Macs HYPER REAL SPF15 FOUNDATION 30ml (NC200) on eBay, also, Foundation, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 02-May-09 07:40:51 BST)
What do you think girls?i think i need Specsavers...my eyes are getting bad ,working with Pc all day can't be good for my peepers
nope.gif

Thank you all x

sofie1507

the pump usually doesnt come in that packageing. infact u have to buy it seperate... if hes claiming its part of the packagee then its fake... but the foundation box and bottle appear to be ok...its just the pump thats raising questions in my head....

kittykit

^^ True. The pump comes with a black bag with MAC logo. I don't have Mac Mineralize foundation but my Select SPF 15 foundation bottle doesn't have deep glass bottom.

petitetamtam

I just received some Mac e/s a few days from a site selling Mac stuff and out of the 4 e/s 2 were fake...
I would discourage everyone from buying online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Even if the sellers or sites are recommended here on specktra!!!

sofie1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
^^ True. The pump comes with a black bag with MAC logo. I don't have Mac Mineralize foundation but my Select SPF 15 foundation bottle doesn't have deep glass bottom.

yea i agree with the deep glass at the bottom...looks fishy to me

pumpkincat210

General rule of thumb. Don't buy mac or any other high end item from ebay for that matter, unless they have pristine high feedback and are located in the u.s and have been specifically selling mac on there for years. It used to be okay, then tons of random items started to be forgeries.
personally i would never buy off of ebay. Get someone you know and trust that lives near a mac store, send them some money and have them get it for you instead. You'll most likely get it cheaper this way too.

Tainaeyez

I've used this this foundation before and it didn't come with the pump and i didn't know you can purchase it seperate and it did not have that deep glass in the bottom..... so it may be a fake ;(

Lauren1981

i've never known any of MAC's liquid foundations to come with a separate pump. i wouldn't trust it.......

redambition

before the pumps came in black bags, they came in clear bags. i can't recall exactly what those bags look like as i only purchased one pump a long time ago.

The width of the glass on the bottom of the bottle is too thick. i'd be concerned.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
before the pumps came in black bags, they came in clear bags. i can't recall exactly what those bags look like as i only purchased one pump a long time ago.

The width of the glass on the bottom of the bottle is too thick. i'd be concerned.

Thank you red
smiles.gif
i had another look at mine at home and had similar concerns...told my friend not place anymore bids...as the sellers Mac liquid eyeliner was deffo fake..shade BK01??Im just too suspicious when it comes to buying Mac on eBay!I give gentle warning etc about the fake brushes ,pigments that prevail on ebay,and can fool some people who are not very well acquainted with Mac brand ..but I also give them the names of sellers of authentic Mac,who have been recommended on here
yes.gif

You know guys i love this website...you gave me some invaluable advice and my knowledge about counterfeit MAC has been vastly improved!
Thanks again /grazie/dziekuje
winks.gif

Ciao for now

Sojourner

I think it's fake, the blackness of the writing seems too strong, it looks just like the bottles that seller 'ebay-jockey' sells...and those are definitely fake.

Plus they are selling a few at a time and that's suspicious, there are Hyper Real fakes around so be careful. Try and get it from a MAC Pro store instead. It's just not worth the risk since it could be diluted or tampered even if it's real.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I think it's fake, the blackness of the writing seems too strong/stark, it looks just like the bottles that seller 'ebay-jockey' sells...and those are definitely fake

Plus they are selling a few at a time and that's often suspicious...there are Hyper Real fakes around so be careful. Try and get it from a MAC Pro store instead...it's just not worth the risk since it could be diluted etc even if it's real

Hiya,thanks
yes.gif
she did take my advice and bought it from Mac @House of Frazer ...btw i have seen ebay-jockey fake MAC items,and i agree with you these are fakey,fakey MAC!Thank gawd,he is no longer trading on ebay
th_DANCE.gif

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Hiya,thanks
yes.gif
she did take my advice and bought it from Mac @House of Frazer ...btw i have seen ebay-jockey fake MAC items,and i agree with you these are fakey,fakey MAC!Thank gawd,he is no longer trading on ebay
th_DANCE.gif

Don't be so sure. The account may have been shut down, but all you need is an anonymous ip, a fake address, and a new email to create another account. It's the same as fake or troll accounts on forums. It takes about two minutes to create a new ebay account. It just sets them back a few minutes, maybe an hour or so, depending on how many items they have to relist.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that most large counterfeit peddlers have multiple accounts selling items at the same time, and of course they will shill bid on each other's items to inflate prices and build reputation. That's why it's also important to look up current and past bidders on an item you are interested in/suspicious of.

chocolategoddes

Wow, this is a pretty convincing fake.
I could see how an unsuspecting buyer wouldn't even question if it's counterfeit. These muhfuhs are gettin good.