Going on a Birthday Shopping Spree! Need Recs!

AudreyNicole

Ok, so my birthday is Wedensday, and this weekend, my husband is taking me on a $200 MAC shopping spree! So, I need ideas... My collection is pretty small and I am hoping to make it considerably larger after this weekend! LOL! So, my question to you is...

What should I get? I have $200 to spend on MAC up to and including products from the Patternmaker collection, what would you buy?

Normally I could rack up $200 without a problem, but I just can't decide!
rofl.gif

**There is no saving for future collections!!**

Ok here is what I have (and I am an NW 20, blonde/blue):
Eyeshadows
Nylon
Retrospeck
Pink Venus
Budding Beauty
Cranberry
Love Bud
Expensive Pink
Coppering
Aquavert
Sprout
Steamy
Waternymph
Freshwater
Mancatcher
Stars and Rockets
Trax
Sattelite Dreams

Pigments
Vanilla
Kitschmas
Pinked Mauve
Shimmertime
Fuschia
Pink Pearl
Melon
Dazzleray
Gold Dusk
Golders Green
Nightlight
Azreal Blue
Violet
Sunny Daze
Sunpepper
Blue Brown

Lipstick/Lipgelee
Hue
Fresh Buzz
Pink Cabana
X-pose
Gleam
Smile
Goldensoft

Misc.
Delphic Fluidline
Non Conformist fluidline
Canton Candy Paint
Dollymix blush
Naked you MSF

Sanne

ooh have fun shopping
smiles.gif

def get:
gleam e/s, that's my all time favorite e/s, great for days your too late to do make up but you want to do it anyway
smiles.gif

beige-ing shadestick: great e/sbase. it a bit sticky so it make even the most horrible lustre e/s stick. and when you wanna go vibrant, the shadestick will do wonders too
smiles.gif

try to find nightfish fluidliner from lure, it's a soft black on. So a black suitable for blondies
smiles.gif

buff blusher is great for a natural flushed look, and spice blusher is my bronzer/blusher
smiles.gif

buttery kohlpencil is great for lining the waterline: it's a shimmery cream, and it is a real eye opener!!! Make's you look awake when you're not
greengrin.gif

and last but not least: get a concealer!!! without darkcircles you look better!! and when you think you don't have them, well, that's what I thought, and I can't live without my concealer anymore!!!

pattermaker isn't something I can plan for you, haha but get youself like a brush set

I think you're over $300 now hahaha
smiles.gif
don't bring a creditcard, just cash, and you can't go wrong
smiles.gif

ette

Hey hun, I would say wait until A Muse if you can because then you can get all the MSF's, an mineralize duo or two, and some lip products! I agree with Sanne's recs though if you can't 8) .

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
Hey hun, I would say wait until A Muse if you can because then you can get all the MSF's, an mineralize duo or two, and some lip products! I agree with Sanne's recs though if you can't 8) .

I would wait, but I already have money saved for that, I am going to stock up on permanent products! LOL!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
Y'know, I'd just play it by ear and get whatever strikes me as we are there!
smiles.gif

I have some things in mind that I absolutely plan on getting like:
* Blacktrack fluidline
* Viva Glam l/s and l/g

But I think I am just going to wing the rest! It is too hard to try to plan out cause I want one of everything!!
smiles.gif

pr1nces583

i went on a spree for my birthday last month and spent about that much! it was so much fun tho!

ok, recs:
swimming e/s- my favourite green. i love it! its just so pretty!
sushi flower- pretty vibrant pink. gorgeous
freshwater- bright blue, looks nice with zonk bleu!
if you can get a 15 pan palette and fill with pans- works out cheaper!
pink poodle l/g, bright but not as bright as it looks in the tube, pretty
smiles.gif

fluid lines- blacktrack, delphic, sweet sage and blue peep
smiles.gif

shadesticks- lucky jade, its a really nice one. i like sea me as well but i guess that it quite bright!

hope that helps!

wavey.gif

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I have some things in mind that I absolutely plan on getting like:
* Blacktrack fluidline
* Viva Glam l/s and l/g

I mean this in the best possible way so please don't think I'm a board snob. In all hoesty, if I were you, I wouldn't get Blacktrack fluidline. I think that it would be too much for your coloring. Maybe try dipdown instead. If you want you might even look into Rich Ground. Allthough, it has a bit of a coppery tint to it. I made the mistake of buying Blacktrack (I'm a NW20) and I never use it because it's just too much and really it makes me look saggy and tired.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
I mean this in the best possible way so please don't think I'm a board snob. In all hoesty, if I were you, I wouldn't get Blacktrack fluidline. I think that it would be too much for your coloring. Maybe try dipdown instead. If you want you might even look into Rich Ground. Allthough, it has a bit of a coppery tint to it. I made the mistake of buying Blacktrack (I'm a NW20) and I never use it because it's just too much and really it makes me look saggy and tired.

Thanks... I am thinking that too. Did you try nightfish? Or Engraved powerpoint? I am thinking I might wait for Lithograph fluidline coming with A Muse... supposed to be a dark charcoal grey. I definately don't need any help looking tired! LOL!

Glow

Don't get blacktrack if your NW20. I have it, and it's so dark and overpowering. I've completely stopped using it.

Dipdown fluidline
Plum dressing eyeshadow, Digit eyeshadow, Bronze eyeshadow, Mythology eyeshadow, woodwinked...

Lucky Jade, Beige-ing, Shimmermint, Taupeographic shadesticks

Latest posts