Got some new shadows, don't know how to use them!

HeavenlySin

So I decided that I wanted some new shadows.... and purchased Contrast, Knight Divine, Retrospeck, and Beauty Marked (makes for a perrttty palette btw)... However, I'm kind of at a loss for how to use them - especially beauty marked which comes out more black then purple. How do you guys use it?
th_worship.gif

n_j_t

Maybe you can try doing a search in the FOTD thread? See how other girls have put them to use. Beauty Marked makes a very nice liner (wet) though.

user4

I use beauty marked as a liner a lot, or for the outter v (I think it's too dark to have it as an all over crease color unless its meant to be smoky). Which reminds me... makes for a good smoky eye too!!!

I don't have any of the other colors sorry!!!

YOOTOPiA

ive seen recs for blurberry shadestick underneath beauty marked a lot on this forum. i've tried it and it looks real nice =) i pair it with cranberry on the lid and beauty marked on the outer v. i like knight divine with forgery and silverring (its a gray so it'll go with pretty much everything) as for contrast i like it with my blues to get it a more darker/smoldering look (also with grays, pinks oranges and greens). as for retrospeck i think it goes great with pretty much everything.
hahaha sorry that i wasn't more specific or much help... but definitely good choices in your latest haul
winks.gif

missdiorable

if you go to maccosmetics.com
you can use the live chat.
or most of the time i just
experiment and play with colors.
sometimes you get what you want
something you dont with that method.

OldSoulsBody

I LOOOOVE Retrospeck shadow. Has to be one of my FAVES. I like to pat it over Fresh Cement shadestick when I'm going for a more dramatic wash of color. It also looks awesome on the entire lid with Brun in the outer V and crease (for a dramatic smokey look). It also looks really pretty with Trax.

Knight Divine is really beautiful as well. There was a color in the Madame B collection called Moth Brown that I love and Knight Divine is a great sub for it. Here's a good look for Knight Divine (another smokey one):

Knight Divine e/s packed on lid and into crease and outer 1/3 of lower lid
Era e/s in high crease to feather and smoke out Knight Divine
Carbon e/s in outer V to enhance smokiness
Blacktrack f/l to line
black liner on inner rims
tons of mascara and possibly false lashes for dramatic effect

Have fun playing with your new colors. It's always a ton of fun!

ladybugz07

My favorite look with Retrospeck is very subtle & shimmery. I apply it over Shimmersand s/s, and use it all over the lid. Then I just put Trax in the crease... Very quick and pretty!
smiles.gif

Latest posts