Got the eyeshadow, got the brushes, but I'm not going anywhere with it.

VogueInfection

Okay I have really just 2 problems.
Everytime I got to blend 2 colors, it looks crappy (and basically it just looks like one big huge mess of 2 colors mized together D; ) So I need help with blending.

And when I'm applying eyeshadow, I can never figure out where to put the darker color, I see how it's like on the outer part of the eyes, but I can't do it right! And when I'm applying it - it looks all sloppy.
I want to be able to do my eyeshadow like this
5e7b9210.jpg

But it often turns out blah. and uneven at the top.

Here's me. It there a certain way I should apply the eyeshadow? Where should I put the darker color?
Does this just come with practice? Because this is frustrating me very bad.

more_please

Hey girlie. As far as blending goes, try to blend only in one direction. So if you are blending a darker outer V into the lid, only use the brush from the v into the lid. Going back and forth can blend the colors too much. As for the crease, that's where you should do the 'windshield wiper' back and forth.

As for the placement of the dark e/s, look at your self in the mirror and tilt your chin up, and look down (look snobby!). Using an angle brush dipped in a little bit of the dark shade, apply to your crease. If you are having a hard time finding your crease, press the brush kinda hard into your skin. If you feel pressure on your eyeball, you are too low. If you feel pressure around your eyeball, you've found the socket line. ( it sounds wierd, but do this a few times, and you will learn to see the crease yourself)

Line your upper lid with the dark color, then do the crease, and have the two lines meet at the outer corner of your eye. Fill in the lid with the other color, and then blend as described above.

The picture you posted has a few things going on. First, she used a darker crease color, and lined her eyes with it, then did the lid color, blended, and then lined her top lid with black liner. I suspect after blending, she went back to the crease with a bit more color.

That was way long, I hope some of it helped/made sense!

VogueInfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by more_please
So if you are blending a darker outer V into the lid, only use the brush from the v into the lid.

Stupid question probably but.. where exactly do I need to put that outer V?

Lol
weeping.gif

Latest posts