Guerlain Spring 2014

charismafulltv

Just posted my review on the reformulated Meteorites on my blog. I purchased Dore. Happy reading!
49cc3867_image.jpeg

powderprincess

I totally agree about how cheap the Guerlain meteorites brush is. I prefer the Mac 138 tapered brush and my meteorites never get stuck in that brush.

Pinkdollface

I also didn't like the Guerlain meteorites brush when I looked at it in store. It felt scratchy to me. I really like my Hakuhodo J104 for the meteorites. It fits perfectly in the container and pics up the right amount of product. I wasn't impressed with the blushes in this collection. I prefer the Chanel cream blushes. I did like the quad, but I'm going to spend a ton on the Chanel spring collection, so I'm not sure if I'll get it.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I also didn't like the Guerlain meteorites brush when I looked at it in store. It felt scratchy to me. I really like my Hakuhodo J104 for the meteorites. It fits perfectly in the container and pics up the right amount of product. I wasn't impressed with the blushes in this collection. I prefer the Chanel cream blushes. I did like the quad, but I'm going to spend a ton on the Chanel spring collection, so I'm not sure if I'll get it.
I had the exact same reaction when I felt the Guerlain brush. I was surprised that it was so rough, given that luxury brushes are known for their soft texture.

I noticed that the prices on this collection in Canada have been jacked up, so that the Rouge Automatiques will now be almost the same price as the Rouge Gs. I was thinking of getting both shades from this collection, because they look beautiful, but now I'm thinking I may pass on both. Insolence looks amazing, but I have Mac Fusion Pink and that will do me fine. Corals are always questionable on me and while Attrape Coeur does look pink enough for me to get away with it, I don't think that I'll mourn its loss too much. I'm still mulling the palette.

Miss QQ

Lol on the ball grabbing brush. That happened once when I used a MUFE brush and the ball when to the floor too. The guerlain pink brush felt scratchy to me. The debate on the new meteorites is making me curious. Must try them at the counter. katred - The price hike is brutal. RA at the same price as Rouge G! I have been thinking of picking up my first RA this year buy if there is a price hike, I would seriously reconsider.

Dominique33

I forgot to mention That the bubbles are somewhat "greasy" so they are perfect for spring and dry skins maybe not so good for oily skins but the texture is incrédibly good, though and I highly recommand it in fact. Probably more than the 2013 dior ones which were good too but needed a duofibre

katred

Specktra Bestie
katred - The price hike is brutal. RA at the same price as Rouge G! I have been thinking of picking up my first RA this year buy if there is a price hike, I would seriously reconsider.
To be fair, I'm not sure that the price hike is across the board or just because these ones are limited. I'm hoping that the prices for the permanent collection remain a little more reasonable.

User38

To be fair, I'm not sure that the price hike is across the board or just because these ones are limited. I'm hoping that the prices for the permanent collection remain a little more reasonable.

Price hikes have been across the board on most cosmetics.. from DS to HE -

and the funny thing is there is no inflation to speak of, but many mfgs had not factored in the huge increments in commodities as well as currency fluctuations (in other words they goofed).. Now the goof is being passed on to the consumer.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Price hikes have been across the board on most cosmetics.. from DS to HE -

and the funny thing is there is no inflation to speak of, but many mfgs had not factored in the huge increments in commodities as well as currency fluctuations (in other words they goofed).. Now the goof is being passed on to the consumer.
To be honest, Guerlain had held their Canadian prices firm- matched to what the US pays- despite the fact that our dollar has weakened a little over the last two years. It's just that an increase of 20-25% is pretty shocking for the lipsticks. The other increases are more understandable.

User38

To be honest, Guerlain had held their Canadian prices firm- matched to what the US pays- despite the fact that our dollar has weakened a little over the last two years. It's just that an increase of 20-25% is pretty shocking for the lipsticks. The other increases are more understandable.
it's in the commodities hikes which were basically not foreseen.

Caise

I got my blush in pink one week ago and I've been wearing it ever since. It's so beautiful and surprisingly it stays put 6 hrs on me

katred

Specktra Bestie
Is there any info on the summer collection yet?
Nothing so far... Guerlain are unpredictable with their "leaks" (which I'm certain are never accidental).

I picked up the quad, finally. What can I say? I find it really, really difficult to resist a Guerlain quad.

Unfortunately, I've somehow misplaced my Provocation lipstick. I know it's here somewhere, but I can find it. It's driving me NUTS.

Dominique33

Have you heard of the 6 new Rouges G ? They have been launched today. The packaging is colourful and the names : Rose Grenat, Blanc Glacé, Géraldine, and 3 other ones. I don't know if they are exclusive to France though. Blanc Glacé is really a soft white pink almost translucent, Rose Grenat is gorgeous !
heart.gif

Latest posts