Guerlain Spring 2015- Les Tendres

Medgal07

Here you go:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-les-nuees-18-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches
No hatred here, but that has got to be the worse depiction of a product that I've ever seen. I would't buy if it looked like that either, but I think there are nice possibilities for looks with that palette.

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/dont-nimbus-wear-guerlain-les-tendres-ecrin-4-couleurs-eyeshadow-palette-les-nuees/

http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.com/2015/01/guerlain-les-tendres-spring-2015-clair.html

http://memoiselle.com/2015/02/06/guerlain-les-tendres-for-spring-2015-full-swatches/

EllaS

No hatred here, but that has got to be the worse depiction of a product that I've ever seen. I would't buy if it looked like that either, but I think there are nice possibilities for looks with that palette.

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/dont-nimbus-wear-guerlain-les-tendres-ecrin-4-couleurs-eyeshadow-palette-les-nuees/

http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.com/2015/01/guerlain-les-tendres-spring-2015-clair.html

http://memoiselle.com/2015/02/06/guerlain-les-tendres-for-spring-2015-full-swatches/
Wow it looks so beautiful on Karen! I'm a little bothered Christine didn't use a primer (she says she never uses one - and frankly I think it's obvious because a lot of her eye looks are barely there). Also not hating, but I just think most of us use primers to get the optimal look and wear from our shadows. I would have at least liked to see the difference between primer and no primer.

Shars

Wow it looks so beautiful on Karen! I'm a little bothered Christine didn't use a primer (she says she never uses one - and frankly I think it's obvious because a lot of her eye looks are barely there). Also not hating, but I just think most of us use primers to get the optimal look and wear from our shadows. I would have at least liked to see the difference between primer and no primer.
iagree.gif

laurennnxox

YIKES! You know, sometime's T's eye looks just aren't up to par. I appreciate her trying these with out primer, because at that price point... they shouldn't *need* primer to appear on your eyelid. I agree with that. Though, the reality is, as a girl with oily lids... I will always need primer. Though, I typically use primer more for a "don't crease or fade away" purpose. I don't necessarily use primer to intensify my shadows because I tend to purchase pigmented ones off the bat. To see that a quad *needs* a primer that bad... eh. It's not appealing to me. However, there are definitely women out there who like softer, more sheer looks. Which I will be needing to get used to soon, LOL! As I will start seeing clients this summer and can't be rocking crazy club style makeup on my lids!!!
girlhaha.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Weird thing, but I haven't found Les Nuées anywhere in Canada yet. Only one of my counters had Les Precieux (and Sephora has it online), but nobody has the other palette. I absolutely loved Karen's look when I saw it and it made me determined to at least check it out in person.

Medgal07

Sometimes it's not even about primer or no primer---she may be talented in many areas and she does a good job
at many things, but she does not possess the skills required to show the eye products at their full potential.

Medgal07

Weird thing, but I haven't found Les Nuées anywhere in Canada yet. Only one of my counters had Les Precieux (and Sephora has it online), but nobody has the other palette. I absolutely loved Karen's look when I saw it and it made me determined to at least check it out in person.
I rest my case.

laurennnxox

Sometimes it's not even about primer or no primer---she may be talented in many areas and she does a good job
at many things, but she does not possess the skills required to show the eye products at their full potential.
iagree.gif
Also, I find a lot of her eye looks start to all... well... look the same! Always no top liner and colorful bottom liner. Sometimes I see how she places certain colors on the lid and it makes me furrow my brow. Though, as with all Beauty Bloggers, I definitely appreciate all the time they take into testing out everything and swatching for us!

Shars

I agree 100%. I'll see a colour with potential in a swatch and then see the makeup look and be very confused. I appreciate that she wants to try to let people see how they look on the lids and it can be time consuming...but damn. Some of those wouldn't convince me to buy certain shadows.

Medgal07

YIKES! You know, sometime's T's eye looks just aren't up to par. I appreciate her trying these with out primer, because at that price point... they shouldn't *need* primer to appear on your eyelid. I agree with that. Though, the reality is, as a girl with oily lids... I will always need primer. Though, I typically use primer more for a "don't crease or fade away" purpose. I don't necessarily use primer to intensify my shadows because I tend to purchase pigmented ones off the bat. To see that a quad *needs* a primer that bad... eh. It's not appealing to me. However, there are definitely women out there who like softer, more sheer looks. Which I will be needing to get used to soon, LOL! As I will start seeing clients this summer and can't be rocking crazy club style makeup on my lids!!!
girlhaha.gif
iagree.gif
I've NEVER used primer to intensify the eyeshadow. I've always had the expectation of gaining staying power, first and foremost with a secondary benefit of no creasing.

Medgal07

I agree 100%. I'll see a colour with potential in a swatch and then see the makeup look and be very confused. I appreciate that she wants to try to let people see how they look on the lids and it can be time consuming...but damn. Some of those wouldn't convince me to buy certain shadows.
My opinion on this was solidified years ago. I decided after T's review (and eye look that she created) not to purchase a limited edition e/s palette.
I later saw the palette's full potential in a magnificent look constructed with that very palette, by another blogger. I learned my lesson!
sigh.gif

elegant-one

iagree.gif
Also, I find a lot of her eye looks start to all... well... look the same! Always no top liner and colorful bottom liner. Sometimes I see how she places certain colors on the lid and it makes me furrow my brow. Though, as with all Beauty Bloggers, I definitely appreciate all the time they take into testing out everything and swatching for us!
I agree! I was just looking at some tonight & thinking...man, they all look the SAME and BLAND like there is no color at all.
nope.gif

elegant-one

My opinion on this was solidified years ago. I decided after T's review (and eye look that she created) not to purchase a limited edition e/s palette.
I later saw the palette's full potential in a magnificent look constructed with that very palette, by another blogger. I learned my lesson!
sigh.gif
Yeppers! LOL

Shars

sigh.gif
I just go for overall reviews and swatches but it's not the be all and end all of my choice on whether to purchase. I shop around for my reviews more and the choice is ultimately mine and I buy if I really, really want something. There's nothing worse than missing out on a stellar item because of one negative review, especially when that item is LE in today's world.

Medgal07

I just go for overall reviews and swatches but it's not the be all and end all of my choice on whether to purchase. I shop around for my reviews more and the choice is ultimately mine and I buy if I really, really want something. There's nothing worse than missing out on a stellar item because of one negative review, especially when that item is LE in today's world.
EXACTLY!!!

EllaS

If I don't use eye primer, eyeshadows do not show up well AT ALL on my eyelid. And I can't fault every shadow out there - it's something to do with my skin type or tone, I suppose. Sure, some would show up better than others, but generally speaking, they just don't stick to my lid well without a primer. I don't know Christine's skin type so I can't say whether her eye looks are due to issues similar to mine or whether they're the result of the way she applies the products. But I can swatch a shadow on my arm and have it show up well, and then when I go to put it on my eyelid, it's barely there - soft and I can't build intensity. But if I use a primer and give it something to adhere to, the intensity is magnified. I don't consider it cheating - I just think it's what I need to do to assess the actual potential of the product. So - if you've never experienced that problem - you're a lucky duck! I just know for me, I could never and would never even think of applying a shadow without primer for that reason. Prevention of fading and creasing is an added bonus, but primarily I use it to give the shadow something to stick to so I can get decent intensity.

I've just noticed that a lot of her looks are...subtle. So it makes me wonder if she has the same "issue" as me, but for some reason prefers subtle looks or feels it's only "right" to show the shadows without primer. Because as Shars pointed out, the arm swatches often look great, and then you look at the eye and think...where's the pigment? That's exactly what would happen to me if I didn't use primer. As long as she's consistent across all products, I guess that's good. But if it were me - knowing my eyelids - I'd still use primer! Just my two cents!

Medgal07

If I don't use eye primer, eyeshadows do not show up well AT ALL on my eyelid. And I can't fault every shadow out there - it's something to do with my skin type or tone, I suppose. Sure, some would show up better than others, but generally speaking, they just don't stick to my lid well without a primer. I don't know Christine's skin type so I can't say whether her eye looks are due to issues similar to mine or whether they're the result of the way she applies the products. But I can swatch a shadow on my arm and have it show up well, and then when I go to put it on my eyelid, it's barely there - soft and I can't build intensity. But if I use a primer and give it something to adhere to, the intensity is magnified. I don't consider it cheating - I just think it's what I need to do to assess the actual potential of the product. So - if you've never experienced that problem - you're a lucky duck! I just know for me, I could never and would never even think of applying a shadow without primer for that reason. Prevention of fading and creasing is an added bonus, but primarily I use it to give the shadow something to stick to so I can get decent intensity.

I've just noticed that a lot of her looks are...subtle. So it makes me wonder if she has the same "issue" as me, but for some reason prefers subtle looks or feels it's only "right" to show the shadows without primer. Because as Shars pointed out, the arm swatches often look great, and then you look at the eye and think...where's the pigment? That's exactly what would happen to me if I didn't use primer. As long as she's consistent across all products, I guess that's good. But if it were me - knowing my eyelids - I'd still use primer! Just my two cents!
Absolutely Ella---that's would yields staying power---the shadow adhering to the lid. Of course using a primer isn't cheating---it's merely maximizing the product's potential. That's just smart!!

MissTania

Yay for you MissTania.
cheerleader.gif
I love baby Glow---totally addicted to the scent too. The blush wear s really pretty!!!
I think I will use BG again tomorrow - I usually wear powder foundation and it's a nice change and feels so smooth and light.

I haven't tried the powder yet, but will try it on top tomorrow.

The blush does look very pretty - hmm I just got a $20 gift card and this may persuade me to get it- even though I have way too much blush. It does look really beautiful. Glad to hear you are happy with it!
cheerleader.gif

Latest posts