Guerlain Summer 2014

Dominique33

Yes it does look pretty but the powder itself is not worth the splurge, other summer powders are much better : Guerlain Sun Celebration, Givenchy Terre Exotique, Dior Shimmer in ambre etc... In my opinion;) of course

vaisforluvrs

http://www.mynaamakeup.com/2014/05/sun-celebration-terra-tropica-by.html
I'm looking more for an all over powder, not a blush or bronzer, so this might actually be ok. I ordered it before seeing any swatches, so if I don't like it, I'll just return it to Nordstrom.

sungelly87

From the previous French blogger link, terra tropica looked like it would be a great blush. I have sun celebration and I use it as blush and bronzer, I don't mix the colors.

Dominique33

Quite the opposite she says Sun Célébration is great whereas Terra Tropica is poorly pigmented ( which is true ), the pattern is beautiful too but the powder is, well, overrated, in my opinion since I tested it IRL. 57€ it is pricey Sun Célébration is 60 € here but so much better !

pbpink

Quite the opposite she says Sun Célébration is great whereas Terra Tropica is poorly pigmented ( which is true ), the pattern is beautiful too but the powder is, well, overrated, in my opinion since I tested it IRL. 57€ it is pricey Sun Célébration is 60 € here but so much better !
everything i read has said poor pigmentation on terra tropica, i was hoping for a highlight as they often do, like one of my faves - terra inca!

while i sort of collect the G LE bronzers, i also use them and if it is not up to par then i will pass, such a shame as i would have purchased

i love sun celebration but i think terra neroli is still my fave! a few friends are raving about the givenchy, so i may check that one out!!

i had the perfume in my cart at BG and it sold fast, i better hurry before they are gone!!

Dominique33

everything i read has said poor pigmentation on terra tropica, i was hoping for a highlight as they often do, like one of my faves -  terra inca!  while i sort of collect the G LE bronzers, i also use them and if it is not up to par then i will pass, such a shame as i would have purchased i love sun celebration but i think terra neroli is still my fave! a few friends are raving about the givenchy, so i may check that one out!! i had the perfume in my cart at BG and it sold fast, i better hurry before they are gone!! 
The perfume is good, LE so far I know. I purchased one bottle, it is not sweet and not overwhelming or too strong, it is perfect for summer ( and not only ). :) as for the powders, well if you love collecting the Guerlain ones, Terra Tropica is not similar to the ones you already have but yes it is poorly pigmented and the scent is quite subtle too.

Kaidan

I just ordered Tonka. Based on reviews that I have seen, it looks like a great every day color.
I agree with you about Tonka Imperiale looking like a nice everyday color.

I took the plunge and ordered it tonight after looking at a few reviews and swatches. I'm surprised that there are very few reviews of this lipstick and of the Nahema gloss. Maybe people are waiting for Temptalia's review on Tonka? Idk. After that I'll order the Nahema gloss and hope to see if the Terracotta perfume is at the counters because I'm very curious of the coconut scent. I hope it doesn't smell like old ladies or powdery vanilla soap.

MissTania

Did anyone get Terra Tropica and like it?

I thought the French blogger's swatches were quite pretty!

I am somewhat light skinned, and I think it could look nice and subtle. Sun Celeb looks way too pigmented.

I love the look of Terra Tropica, such a pretty palette.

vaisforluvrs

Did anyone get Terra Tropica and like it?

I thought the French blogger's swatches were quite pretty!

I am somewhat light skinned, and I think it could look nice and subtle. Sun Celeb looks way too pigmented.

I love the look of Terra Tropica, such a pretty palette.
I get mine on Tuesday so I'll let you know!

Chickibum

Did anyone get Terra Tropica and like it? I thought the French blogger's swatches were quite pretty! I am somewhat light skinned, and I think it could look nice and subtle. Sun Celeb looks way too pigmented. I love the look of Terra Tropica, such a pretty palette.
I thought so too and plan to get it :)

MissTania

I get mine on Tuesday so I'll let you know!

Quote: Originally Posted by Chickibum

I thought so too and plan to get it
smiles.gif
Thanks ladies! I haven't had a chance to go to the Counter in person, but we don't get much in Australia so I'm not counting on seeing it in person...but I think the SA did mention these to me a while back when I asked about the new Rouge G's which we didn't get.

Haven

I purchased Terra Tropica. I have only used it once and was not that impressed. I was in a hurry for work, so I did not take the time to play with it properly. I plan to try it again over the holiday weekend to see if my opinion changes. I will have more time to "mess with it."

Audrey C

I purchased Terra Tropica.  I have only used it once and was not that impressed.  I was in a hurry for work, so I did not take the time to play with it properly.  I plan to try it again over the holiday weekend to see if my opinion changes.  I will have more time to "mess with it."
It's quite shimmery in the swatches I've seen. I like a more matte finish in a bronzer, so it's a non-starter for me.

Latest posts