Guerlain Summer 2015

ashievic

eBay seller from Russia! They were only about $5 more than typical retail so I grabbed them!
Can you PM me which seller? I was looking last night, but I'm always concerned about buying things like this on eBay.
I so agree with having to be careful when purchasing off eBay, especially if it is coming from outside the States. Since our consumer laws do not apply to such purchases. Just last night I realized that a Dior gloss I had purchased about 1 year ago was a knockoff. I don't own very many Dior lip glosses, then when I putzing last night, I noticed the packaging was a bit off from the glosses I bought at NM. I did the infamous Google search and found yep, this was a sign it was not the real thing. Same thing once with Chanel gloss. I so missed the boat for the Holiday 2012 collection. I ordered the gloss, and I knew when I got it was a knockoff. Since I was weaned on Chanel, I can spot knockoffs right away. Since that was in the States, the State's Attorney got involved. Had a few issues with OPI knockoffs. Plus, having traveled to China, the ingredients used in the knockoffs can truly be toxic to our bodies. Especially face products. Lead is huge in the making of some of the knockoffs. But they are darn good in making counterfeits.

ashievic

I have also found calling an actual store in the country and purchasing from them directly is a better way to go. That is how I got the #14 Chanel liquid liner long before it ever got to the States. Yes, it helps I had spent time in Singapore, and knew the Chanel store. Then the mess with PayPal info being compromised, that was one hot mess.

ashievic

On a happier note, I have found using a fluffy brush and taking the product off the sponge applicator helps apply and control the amount of product when using their new cream shadows. It is a slight cooling sensation, very build able color. Hope they come out with additional colors. Based on they are not on the glitter train as YSL are for the shadows. I still love glitter, but even I have limits to how much of a disco ball look should be there!!!!

shizzelly

Quote:Originally Posted by Rinstar

Can you PM me which seller? I was looking last night, but I'm always concerned about buying things like this on eBay.

sent!

Audrey C

I stopped by the Bay today and checked out the new LE bronzer in the white packaging. Decidedly meh. I much prefer the two wooden cases I have from the 2013 and 2014 SE bronzers. I also saw those flimsy plastic sleeves on the Terracotta bronzers. Cheap execution and certainly nothing that appealed to me.

I don't mind paying Guerlain prices, but having beautiful packaging is part of the deal. So far this year I bought the blush pearls and the Joli Teint powder. I love both, but nothing else from any of this year's collections (that we've seen to date) tempts me at all.

Fingers crossed for a fabulous holiday collection!

VAL4M

I stopped by the Bay today and checked out the new LE bronzer in the white packaging. Decidedly meh. I much prefer the two wooden cases I have from the 2013 and 2014 SE bronzers. I also saw those flimsy plastic sleeves on the Terracotta bronzers. Cheap execution and certainly nothing that appealed to me.

I don't mind paying Guerlain prices, but having beautiful packaging is part of the deal. So far this year I bought the blush pearls and the Joli Teint powder. I love both, but nothing else from any of this year's collections (that we've seen to date) tempts me at all.

Fingers crossed for a fabulous holiday collection!
heat.gif
that and the fall collection is usually right up my alley ... spring and summer not so much. I'm just a sucker for golds eyeshadows and reds lipsticks LOL

katred

Specktra Bestie
Just got mine :) For Montrealers I purchase mine at the Pharmaprix on Cote-des-neiges.   :hot:  that and the fall collection is usually right up my alley ... spring and summer not so much. I'm just a sucker for golds eyeshadows and reds lipsticks LOL
i always find interesting "leftovers" at that Pharmaprix. Limited items seem to hang around there for longer :)

VAL4M

i always find interesting "leftovers" at that Pharmaprix. Limited items seem to hang around there for longer :)
My friend know the owner of that store and he is ambitious and he told her the profit he is making on makeup it is one of the best of all the other products he can carry in his store. She even told me he was well literate in makeup (he knew his best sellers by category - Mascara, foundation and then by brand etc) so I think he make sure he has a lot of stock compare to other store. He is single by the way ladies ;)

TinTin

I stopped by the Bay today and checked out the new LE bronzer in the white packaging. Decidedly meh. I much prefer the two wooden cases I have from the 2013 and 2014 SE bronzers.
Is the white casing plastic? The LE bronzer looks like what I'm searching for in the Joli teint duo, but in a different fragrance.

Audrey C

Is the white casing plastic? The LE bronzer looks like what I'm searching for in the Joli teint duo, but in a different fragrance.
The bronzer is much darker than Joli Teint (I wear the 00 shade over sunscreen almost every day and love it - no foundation required). I think the shade is 03. The plastic case of the LE bronzer just isn't as nice as the last two summer's wooden cases. Since I've barely made a dent in either of those and I don't like this year's casing, I don't feel like I missed much.

Guerlain bronzers are awesome though - if you like the product and don't mind the packaging I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

beautycool

Descions then on what to do Maybe it's to dark for my liking then :( I have nw22-25 mac and I'm loving my tom ford bronzer ATM :))) I'm not sure now this will be for me I'm suppose to be saving but did want this before :) Oh well suppose I skip like everything else ATM

TinTin

The packaging is a little flimsy, but I otherwise like the bronzer.

It still has quite a strong scent, but it's different from the Joli Teint. I can at least stomach this scent.

If only Guerlain used the same violet scent in all their products...
th_dunno.gif

Medgal07

The packaging is a little flimsy, but I otherwise like the bronzer.

It still has quite a strong scent, but it's different from the Joli Teint. I can at least stomach this scent.

If only Guerlain used the same violet scent in all their products...
th_dunno.gif
That seems to be the consensus.

MACGirl13

Sorry I am late to the party on this one. Does anyone know if the US is getting Copperfield and Gold 'N' Eyes? I need both of these in my life, LOL Thanks!

MACGirl13

Someone help me understand....I walked by my local Guerlain counter at Nordstrom earlier today and they had all 12 single shadows on display, but when I asked to purchase the Copperfield and Gold "N" Eyes, she said, "oh, we didn't get those colors". Why would they be on display if you don't have them to sell? Rant over...

-M

Latest posts