Guess what - another #187 authenticity question!

lurk

Does anyone know about this seller? It's hard to tell if it's genuine in the picture, but maybe more experienced eyes could tell me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Makeup-Face-...QQcmdZViewItem

Another brush question - do all MAC brushes have that slight sparkle to black handle? I purchased two eyeshadow brushes, and one has the sparkly-ish handle (like those I bought directly from the store), but the other one is matte black.

Also, is the writing on all the brushes imprinted (makes a little dent) or is it flush with the handle? Or does it vary? My store-bought #263 and #266 are imprinted, but my store-bought #219 is not imprinted and the silver paint comes off easily when you scrape it with your nail. Does it just depend on the size of the handle? My #272 (eBay) is the matte one and is the same size handle as the #219, but it is imprinted.

I'm confused.
hmm.gif
I think I need to go to a MAC store and examine the brushes so I know what to look for.

caffn8me

That appears to be a genuine 187 brush in the picture.

I've just looked at all my brushes and some have a sparkly finish and others don't. They are all genuine. The degree of lettering indentation also varies between brushes and the silver lettering often comes off.