:::Guidelines To Picking The Best Schools for Becoming A Professional Make-up Artist:

TaMu3L

i was thinking bout going to school for nursing, but then i realized i love doing make up and i can make money while doing it. so I want to go to beauty school to become a professional make-up artist. i want a school that can give me a good foundation. I have been constantly searching for the perfect beauty school. Trying to Making sure they are accredited and professional and one where i can get a cosmetology license . But when i look online i see thousand of schools availible with many different cirriculums but i wanna know which school provides their students with an impressive variety of skills. one that can teach me air-brushing and more... And a school that is well known and will look impressive on my resume. Or is there a series of College Courses you could recommend. Do you have any schools mind ? I just want something beyond the normal experience of a basic beauty school.

I want to work with celebrities, models, photographers, etc... Or just exciting people who are willing to take the ordinary outside of the box and challenge my creativity. i also wanted to know is it a hard as the say it is to move up & is it a steady income that you can depend on and support a family with?

so any information you have about the industry would really help!

P.S. i live in Lakewood Ca, but wiling to drive 1 hour 1/2 max. ill travel the distance to get the right education! ;-)

Thank You!
Tamu3L

ri0tdorque

I know there are a TON in LA. I would actually go to the Industry Discussion forum on this site and do a search for makeup schools I know I've seen many topics on there about that very thing.