Hard Candy just made me feel old *pout*

moonrevel

I was browsing through the Hard Candy products on Sephora, which I haven't done for a while, and found that they have rereleased some of the original nailpolish colors in their older style bottles. It says on the website:

"It's been ten years since Hard Candy launched with Sky, their signature baby blue polish that started a nail rage and forever changed the face of beauty (time flies, right?). To celebrate this milestone, Hard Candy is revamping, reformulating, and reenergizing their classic pastel shades as "Hard Candy Vintage Nail Polish.""

Which made me feel old. I bought Sky when it first came out. I think I still have the ring that came with it. And now it's "vintage." Heheh, I mean, I guess ten years isn't that much time, but it still makes me feel old because it doesn't feel like it was ten years since I discovered Hard Candy. Does that make sense to anyone, or am I just being silly?

amandamakeup

man..why did u have to bring that up?? now I feel old too!! it seems like yesterday I bought my lilac nailpolish with the ring that didnt fit me!
10 years! man...im depressed now! lol

moonrevel

Hahah, yeah, now I'm sitting here thinking to myself "Boy, was it really that long ago that I thought Trailer Trash lipstick was so daring?" It also makes me nostalgic (someone stop me, I'm getting nostalgic over Hard Candy!) for the time when Hard Candy was *really* edgy and made things like green lipstick. I feel like both Hard Candy and Urban Decay have kind of lost something (ack, in the last ten years!). I still like them and all, but it just isn't the same for some reason.

amandamakeup

I hear ya! I guess it was just the time for things like that...green lipstick...maybe then, but I doubt I'll be wearing it anytime soon!

obsessed_girl07

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamakeup
it seems like yesterday I bought my lilac nailpolish with the ring that didnt fit me!

That's TOO FUNNY...those damn rings NEVER fit my fat fingers either....and I really wanted to wear them!!!!!

Jillith

Hee, I totally remember the HC and UD nailpolish revolution like it was yesterday. I was 20 then! But I am glad to be "old". I'd never want to go back. I'm so much smarter and happier now.
greengrin.gif

calixto

wow, has it really been ten years already? that reminds me, is there an expiry date on nail polishes?

Onederland

Hard Candy was never really one of my favorites...I remember when they had a coutner at my Saks, odd i know. And they had nail polish for men, a line called Candy Man. I never bought any, since it was before i discovered make-up.

But i remember just looking at all its colors.

Hard Candy is great nail polish, though it takes FOREVER to dry, the color selection is WONDERFUL, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sell Out.

Anyways yeah.

joytheobscure

I dont' remember but ten years ago vintage? Wow, I am vinage then- Class of 95! Sad seeing these 05 kids graduating. I remember when that "vamp" dark black red nailpolish was popular but I was a walmart beauty person then.

roxannalou

LOL! I remember when Sky came out, too! Wow! I was also into Chanel Vamp at the time (and it's much cheaper Revlon counterpart - props to anyone who remembers the name of it...). Sky was big in the pedicure world in the summer of my freshman year, but when winter came... Vamp, baby!

thegirlgotsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I bought Sky when it first came out. I think I still have the ring that came with it. And now it's "vintage."

Me too. I loved those nail polishes back then. And the cute little rings they came with. :p

Latest posts