hate my nose-any makeup tips?

rockdoll

I hate my nose! I have always tried the dark concealer on the sides to try and make my nose look smaller but it doesn't do much. Does anyone have any strategies to make the nose look smaller and thinner? TIA!
smiles.gif

Jaim

I have no advice for you, but I hope someone replies! I'd be interested too since I don't like my nose either.
tong.gif

ambidextrous

did you use a highlighter additionally to the darker concealer? it can be a bronzer instead of the concealer too... for the highlighter you can use a pale shimmery eyeshadow, or a matte one... well apply it to the bridge of your nose (well the part in the middle of the sides... since I dunno every english word for face parts
greengrin.gif
)

rockdoll

No, I haven't used a highlighter. I will try that , thanks! I'll just try with a shadow like you said at first..I also think I need to get better products/concealers.

tracie

use a highlighting shade straight down the center of your nose, I use the lightest shade in the clinique bronzing shimmerbrick, and then put a darker shimmer/bronzer along the edges, it'll add more depth to the look.

You could also try using a lighter line of concealer down your nose on the bridge and then blend it all in.

rockdoll

Thanks Tracie ! - I was going to ask if there was a specific highlighter that might work also. Plus, I have been looking for a highlighter anyway, so I will pick up that Clinique Shimmerbrick and try it this weekend.

tracie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdoll
Thanks Tracie ! - I was going to ask if there was a specific highlighter that might work also. Plus, I have been looking for a highlighter anyway, so I will pick up that Clinique Shimmerbrick and try it this weekend.

I like the shimmerbrick thing because it has lighter and darker bronzers in it, so you can really choose how light or dark you want it. If you want a highlighter just use the lightest gold shade, for darker use the darker bronzes...its really pretty and shimmery, I like it myself.

*edit* i feel like an ass now because clinique doesn't have it on their website anymore, boooo.

You could try something like benefit moonbeam, maybe? I've heard good things about it before.

Jude

Ugh... I haaaaate my nose too. I never do the contouring thing because I have visions of Lil Kim running around with those grotesque dark areas around her nose to contour. It always looked so wrong.

I find that doing up your eyes will draw attention from the nose. This may sound super corny but I think that maybe learning to accept it, time saving option. It took me forever to learn that lesson though :/

martygreene

Also, the way you part your hair will change the focus on your face. If you want to play down your nose, part your hair diagonally so that your part isn't pointing straight down at your nose.

rockdoll

Thanks so much for all the tips! I will try out all of these ideas. Playing up my eyes and a more diagonal hair part should help along with the contouring/highlight stuff. I figured there is something you can do since you see celebs like Jessica Simpson , Sarah Jessica Parker, etc, etc... have larger nose , but still hot...

shmoopy

my nose sticks out a little more than i would like when looking at my profile. high ponytails or height at the back part of my head can do wonders. also, bangs! i'm serious! it works WONDERS!

Latest posts