Haul Threads Disappearing...

Indigowaters

I noticed I posted a message about another person's haul in their thread and it's not showing up when I click "New Posts". I also just posted a message in there and it didn't show up.

girlstar

Actually, I think what might be happening is anytime a user posts a new post - it doesn't show up for just that user. I say this because ever since Specktra changed servers, once I post, and then click New Posts.. I never see any of *my* new posts. It isn't until someone else replies to a thread that I can see it under New Posts. Did a server setting possibly get changed? :O I kinda liked it the old way.. but I can't complain.. because I'm not a premium member.. yet..
fool.gif

Indigowaters

Sorry to be a pest, but now every post I click on, when I go back it disappears and I don't always remember what forum it's in.

Janice

The forum now uses a different, more effective, system of marking your threads read. The feature used to be cookie based, and is now directly marked within the database. This is generally a more accurate system, though it is resource intensive. Now that Specktra is on it's own server we have the resources to take advantage of this feature.
smiles.gif

Did you know you can subscribe to threads and manage them within your userCP? It's a pretty nifty feature that is turned off by default, you can manage the options in your userCP. You can subscribe to threads you read automatically or you can choose to subscribe to them within the thread in the "Thread Tools" dropdown menu. HTHS!