Having trouble with the pink e/s....

TINYd313

For some reason, pink (including reds) and purple e/s look horrible on me. I looke like I rubbed my eyes too hard. My problem is that I am pulled towards buying the pinks and purples knowing very well, that I should buy greens and blues. My skin tone is NW 25 with brown eyes. I really want pinks and purples to work for me...any suggestions as to how? Here is a list of my pink and purple eyeshadows: Pink Venus, Cranberry, Swish, Hepcat, Sushi Flower, Beautiful Iris, and Slip Pink. Should I just axe all of these colors and buy the blues and greens or do I have some hope?

pumpkincat210

Pinks and Purples can work you just have to find the right combination..
Slip Pink looks great with Flirty number, Swish, Sunday best, dazzlelight, woodwinked.
I would also try a purple like Au Contraire, Parfait Amour, and Satellite Dreams.
Blues and greens also look great with pink and purple so try some of those out as well.
HTH!

mspixieears

I have a very similar problem! Being a nw20 with brown eyes also. I find that the warmer-toned pinks work (e.g. Mink Pink, Banshee) and even Plum Dressing. I personally think Cranberry might be too cool for me, but Beautiful Iris and Slip Pink should work especially if you are naturally brown (ie. not fair-skinned).

Melton Mauve is the coolest pink I have and I'm reeealy stretching it with that! Can pretty much only wear w/ Mink Pink. Parfait Amour as recommended by Pumpkincat is ace!

Oh, and Moth Brown would look really nice with pinks and purples, I can imagine trying it with Slip Pink for instance.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett*98
I have similar coloring and I find that cool-toned pinks such as swish look much better on me.

ditto. ^_^

user3

This is a great tutorial for wearing pinks.
http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29814

I realize that you may not have the colors she uses it can give you an idea of how get the pinks to look right.

The best thing to do is to combine the pinks or purples with darker colors.
So you would wear the pinks or purples on the inner lid and put darker colors on the outter. When I say darker it can be anything from brown to black to even just darker purples and pinks.

TINYd313

Wow, thanks everyone for your input and website!!! I'm feeling a bit more confident with the pinks and purples. I'm gonna experiment and see if I can get things to work out!!!

Latest posts