Hello Kitty by Sephora Originals

EmWyllie

I looked around for this thread and did a few searches, but I couldn't find anything on it. So, mods, if there's a better place for this please feel free to merge/move as you see fit.

The collection itself isn't out yet and won't be for another couple of weeks (it's launching Mid-January 2011).

I just wanted to start a thread on this line because I was lucky enough to purchase a few items from a preview event that Sephora had for some Beauty Insiders online a couple of weeks ago and I've gotta say the items are really nice.

I was able to pick up one of the eyeshadow palettes, the more purple one, a lip gloss, a cheek tint highlighter, the rollerball of the perfume they're releasing with it (It IS an Eau Du Parfum, too, which is nice) and the Brush Kit which comes with an adorable little Metal Hello Kitty to hold the brushes. (I use it for my Cotton swabs)

Is anyone else as excited about this as I am? I have some nice high quality pictures going up soon on my blog and a quick video review on my YouTube page if anyone is interested too.

BadBadGirl

I am very, very excited about this. This collection will be strictly for Hello Kitty fans because I doubt the makeup quality will rival any of the cosmetic giants.

I plan to buy some pieces just to add to my HK collection. I saw the preview sale also, but was unable to get anything before it sold out. I won't mind seeing it all in person anyway at the stores. Everything sold out so quickly, so Sephora will know it has a hit on it's hands.

EmWyllie

The quality is actually quite nice on a lot of the pieces. I wouldn't necessarily say it rivals the larger companies like NARS or Urban Decay, but it's definitely a step above drugstore. =)

BadBadGirl

Cool- that's good to know. Maybe I will pick up a lipgloss. I have more than enough glitter liners to warrant buying the liner set.

Nzsallyb

i am interested in these - am going to ask a friend to get some bits and pieces when she goes to the states soon. does anyone have any pics of the stuff?

EmWyllie

Hello Kitty's up on Sephora.com!!!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=Hello+Kitty

bellaboomboom

I got the body splash and have not used it yet but it smells good! I also got the lipgloss in pink bow. It is a pretty color - fairly light. Has a taste I can't quite put my finger on....candy maybe? Reminds me of the smell and taste of the old Bonnie Bell glosses I used to wear when I was very young.

xXTiFFaNYKGirLX

the apple balm is the same container i rember seeing on a fake mac listing. now im kinda bummed on the whole line. but if anyone has swatches (like the charmmy stick) please let me know as i am searchin the web as i type!

EmWyllie

If anyone's curious about the perfume, A Mini-sizel be one of Sephora's 100 Bonus Point perks starting tomorrow! Don't know for how long, though...

Mabelle

I played with this the other day.

The ES texture is pretty nice. Would work will with a good base.

The Set of eyeliners is VERY nice. Very pigmented. Glides on. I wish they sold them seperatly.

the Glitter liners are creamy. They are all silver glitters in a diffrent coloured base. I wish they were smaller glitters/diffrent colour glitters. They are very similar to the Toki Doki ones.

the felt pens; I have only tried the black and it was nice. Good applicator.

the things that look like smudge sticks: Glide on nicely, smudge out well but become smudge resistant once they set. nice neutral range. Test them and wear them around though, as one colour started to flake on a co worker.

The lip sticks: They give a teeeeny hint of colour. No moisture.

Lip glosses: meh. Nice tip.

Cheek Colour: Less pigmented than tart, but nice none the less. I like the white highlight colour one. They are good for people that are heavy handed or want a very very natural cheek colour.

RealDoll

I just picked up the eye quad and body spray. :) Super excited to try them out. I will probably order th perfume online since my Sephora did not have it.

StandingRoom

I have a deluxe sample of the Glittercute liner in "Grape Soda," and it reminds me a lot of Urban Decay's 24/7 in "1999," but, I actually like it better because I can build it easier and with a more subtle look than "1999." It definitely has become a mainstay for daytime, when black eyeliner all over is a bit much.

Polaris

I picked up the perfume. The bulb on the atomizer is very fragile and feels like it might give out on me. BUT, I love the smell! It's very fruity smelling and not too over-powering.

I haven't tried out any of the other products but I wouldn't mind trying the cheek and lip tint.

EmWyllie

Hello Kitty's new collection, Graffiti is up on Sephora.com now! I ordered the palette and I'm excited to get it in the mail!

Did anyone else pick anything up from Graffiti or Memoirs of a Kitty?

Latest posts