HELP! 1980s makeup?

Hey all...so we're having my birthday party this weekend at my house and the theme is "1985 Spring Fling" yes we're getting dressed up and everything!!! Well I was just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for makeup style?? I'm wearing mostly black and bright yellow with big big hair!!

Shawna

Blue and purple eyeshadow with lots and lots of heavy black eyeliner. Man, I can't believe we used to think that looked good
rofl.gif

d_flawless

lots of blush too. like matte hot pink in an angled fashion closer to the hairline. and matte pink lipstick too. i agree with the blue/pink make up colors.
last yr i did the same sort of theme thing with electric eel, hepcat, and meadowland, blended up closer to the browbone. i'd def. use a good base because you're gonna want these colors to be as bright and tacky looking as possible!

maxcat

See, I remember this time. Lord help me.
Get yourself blue eyeliner and blue mascara... even line your waterline blue. Pale blue, navy blue and pink shadow.
And remember, everything on a 45 degree angle! Flare of your eyeshadow should be parallel to your angled blush.
Pale frosted pink lips.
OMG, I can't believe I wore this look. But that's it.
Feeling old now...

lara

80's power-stripe blush! Heavily applied Dollymix or Ambering Rose in a angled stripe from under the eye to below the temple, with barely a jot of blending.

*dies a little*

Hawkeye

oh and dont forget how we use to apply it ladies-

the darkest shade in the inner 1/3 of our eye (From lashline to browbone) the medium shade in the middle 1/3 of our eye (Lashline to brow) and the lightest shade in the outer 1/3 of our eye

but the darkest was usually a dark purple the middle was the bright blue and the lightest was PINK

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
but the darkest was usually a dark purple the middle was the bright blue and the lightest was PINK

OMG. Did we ALL have the same Bonne Bell trio? Pink, baby blue and NAVY??? With the applicator that was round on one end and pointy on the other???
*shudder*

mspixieears

Liner darker than the lipstick you're actually wearing? Mauve-pink lips, the more electric the colour, the better!

Don't forget to wear your hair tied up to the side...shudder.

bottleblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalomo
This website has pics from an actual makeup guide of the time:http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2003/makeup/

OMG! That page is hilariously awesome...and full of really good examples! I wish I could find some pictures of my mom in the 80's - she was a cosmetologist and had some very true-to-the-80's hair and makeup.

joytheobscure

mmm.. hot pink frosty lips.... The hair must be poofy. :) Watch any number of what not to wear and you will see some prime examples. LOL! THe max factor ads look very 80s to me. I love 80s colors though of course I was a little kid in the 80s.

Latest posts