Help! ! ! Are these fake?

pixijones

Can anyone help me identify if this seller is selling real brushes? Has anyone ever purchased from this seller before and if so, what was your experience.

I just purchased a similar set and I think they may be counterfeit. I'm going to try to return them for a refund and if that doesn't work, I'll file a greivance with paypal.

pixijones

The quality just doesn't seem right. I need to take them to the cosmetics counter to compare. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular seller Shadow-20 whether it was good or bad.

pixijones

Annoying. I saw that you got burned on ebay recently, too. No wonder it was such a good price !

Does anyone know, is there a place to post sellers to be wary of? Perhaps I could search there and see if anyone else has had a problem with this seller.

mistella

I'm 95% sure those are fake.. I have some Chanel brushes. I have the super short travel-sized buffer brush in the picture and mine doesn't look like that. Like the shape of the bristles are off. and the "Chanel" lettering on all the brushes look very off. they look really cheap... I'm always cautious of buying name-brand things from China. You'd be surprised on how much fake stuff is manufactured over there

redambition

um... a 45 piece chanel brush set with a buy it now price of $185 (taken from their other auction)? seems way too good to be true, especially with the number of other chanel brush sets this seller has on offer at the moment.

the seller has heaps of them up, and also has neg/neutral feedback which questions if the brushes are real.

it seems a bit suss.

labwom

Those are fake! My mom has a shitload of different Chanel brushes and none of them look like that!

caffn8me

The brushes are indeed straight from the factory - but it's not the Chanel factory. It's the counterfeiter's factory in China.

I think the best rule is "Do not buy branded brushes from China - they're fake" - it's that simple.

labwom

Everything from China seems to be fake. You're better off paying full price at the counter. You get what you pay for!