Help! Can you tell me if this might be a fake... thank you!

missbooboo

Thank you! I hope so
smiles.gif

ExquisiteImages

I would ask the seller what's the country that's embossed on the handle of the brush. I wasn't able to see it in the picture though. Mines have JAPAN embossed on the brush. There has been some counterfeited MAC 187 brushes floating around that look very similar to the authentic ones.

Ambi

$22 for a 187, nice deal if it is real.

If you look at their feedback, there are a few people complaining about the brushes he's sold, some questioning the authenticity, "Not real mac brush i bid on an all black and got a blue and silver fake mac blus".
Also "BEWARE: THIS SELLER SALES FAKE MERCHANDISE",
"Do not buy from this MAN....the jewlery is not real TIFFANY'S!!!!!!! FRAUD!!!" etc...

[http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by]

jenii

I don't know that I'd trust it. If their feedback has complaints of fakes in it, and they're selling it that cheaply? It's probably a very convincing fake. I hope that's not the case, though.

dangerousmuffins

I might have to say that it is fake. Here's one reason:
Right where the black brush handle part meets the silver crimped metal part - it is supposed to taper in a little bit. The black handles looks like it is going straight in. I hope this makes sense. :whattha:

tinagrzela

Well, I just got mine, and trust me it's authentic, and I couldn't be more happy that I didn't get screwed!!!! It has everything, even the "Japan" embossed at the end. I am 100% positive it's real...it's awsome!!!

caffn8me

The fakes have Japan embossed on the handle too. Please can you post a good quality picture? The 187 brushes pictured in the seller's auction are definitely fake and the seller has a history of selling counterfeit goods. I would be extremely surprised if the brush you have is genuine. It is almost certainly a very close copy but I'll be able to confirm this with a good quality picture.

Other points to mention. The seller has hundreds of brushes for sale - mostly unknown brands but a few well known ones and they are most likely from China. The seller is almost certainly ethnic Chinese (three reasons - 88 is a lucky number in China, the seller's first language is clearly not English and some products marked in Chinese) and has a source of goods in China or within the Chinese community in the USA. Currently the best looking counterfeit brushes are made in China.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
Well, I just got mine, and trust me it's authentic, and I couldn't be more happy that I didn't get screwed!!!! It has everything, even the "Japan" embossed at the end. I am 100% positive it's real...it's awsome!!!

if its the one in that pic, it's not real... the ferrule is supposed to kind of fan out, and the brush is supposed to taper into it... the fake ones have "japan" embossed into them as well...