help: MAC Springsheen Blush (image heavy!)

dulcette

i got this blush for an incredibly cheap price of almost 50% off at ebay! the title was a misspelled M..A..C and i asked the seller if she intentionally did that and she said that she had been limited to posting auth. mac items because she isnt a powerseller yet.

here are the photos of the product when i received them a few minutes ago,

i have no other mac blushes to compare it with, but i do have a mac highlight powder, and the material (of the case) is similar. the only thing im suspicious abt is the LONDON WIK address on the bottom of the blush, whereas my highlight powder reads LONDON W1K.

thoughts?

dulcette

edit: there is a circular indentation underneath the sticker on the bottom.

i tried depotting it following instructions here, and the bottom of the pan was flat and smooth.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm not an expert on this, I'm sure there are others who will be more helpful. But to me it looks authentic, it only looks a little orange, but that might be the lighting/camera.

dulcette

it is a lot orange in natural lighting, which was why i was in doubt. it's not the peachy-pink i was thinking of. its more like, orange-peach-salmon with a lot of gold sheen thus making it look more orange-y.

'i thought this thing was supposed to be a Nars Orgasm dupe?' was the first thing to come to mind.

here it is under flash though:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I just took a look at mine and it says the exact same thing 'LONDON WIK...' Colourwise it is orangy-peachy with a lot of golden sheen, Orgasm has a little more pink in it I would say, but they're very similar.

dulcette

@NAYNADINE, what about the name? does yours have SPRINGSHEEN with uneven spacing specially around the "I"? the sticker on the box has the same problem. mine's lot A89.

i also depotted mine and it took little effort, i just heated it over a candle, i didnt even need to melt a hole in the middle of the insert. i popped the pan out with a cardboard cutter, and there was a teeny dime-sized amount of glue in the middle. the pan was flat underneath, no ridges.

if this is a fake, this is one damn fine fake.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
You're right, mine does not have those spaces around the 'I', the letters are definitely closer together there. But I don't know if that automatically makes it a fake. I'm not sure if I still have the box. I do have some of some other blush shades, they don't have the white sticker on them, they have the code directly printed on the box. But then again, other authentic MAC products that I have, like Mineralize Blushes or e/s, do have that white sticker. Mine says A40.

I probably would've never questioned if it was fake if that was my blush, looks pretty authentic to me, I would've never noticed the uneven spacing in the name.

dulcette

have you ever tried depotting blushes? this one's quite easy to depot. the insert is still fine after depotting, no melting needed.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
No, never tried. I only depotted one e/s so far. And that was pretty messy, the plastic insert was burned and there was quite a lot of glue. Sorry I'm not much of a help here, maybe you have a MAC counter or store near you, and can bring that blush and ask them what they think?

dulcette

we dont have mac here, but i've tried the blush at a mac counter before and its the same..

only thing bothering me is the way that its packaged... this was made in 2009. yours is probably made in 2010, when the box/ packaging has been changed (no stickers, codes and names directly printed on the box). although i think that the change in packaging started in June 2009 (not so sure). mine, according to the batch number, was made in August 2009, in italy.

how can they make fakes look so authentic ? :mad:

hope other experts can help ;) gaah this is making me restless!