Help me choose a cheek colour

yam900

I am pretty new to Mac Cosmetics so i am trying to find my way round. I have dark hair, and a warm colouring and although i havent ventured as far as the foundations Mac do, i should say i am either NC20 or NC25. I am not fussy whether it is in cream or powder form and i will be wearing iridescent powder over the top. Has anyone any suggestions as what would be nice on me?

talk2mesun

some people wear bright blushes whereas some prefer a subtle blush or even almost a warming/bronzer effect. so that would kinda determine what kind of rec to give you
smiles.gif
check out plum foolery for a good plum color, and margin and trace gold for warming/vbronzing colors

yam900

Thanks for your suggestions. I have had a look at blushbaby on the mac website, its a lovely colour, but i am not sure it would show up so well on me. Its really hard to visualize without trying it first. However, i am not dismissing it as i think its important not to stay in a rut with makeup.

I think i am looking for a colour that i can use during the day, but can layer it for an intense look on an evening. I have checked out Plum Foolery and i like it, its a colour i feel i can work with so thanks. I was also looking at Trace Gold earlier today with the view to ordering it very soon.

So once again, thankyou.

Wattage

Just as a second thought, you may want to take a look at Peachykeen. This colour is pretty popular amongst a range of skin shades and can be used lightly or more heavily for a range of intensities. I love to use it for day/work/school looks - it is not too bright or overpowering.

I think you can't go wrong with Trace Gold either. Everything about this blush/bronzer is amazing, imo. It has the most fabulous texture and the look is one of my favorites for face products of this type.

Best of luck!
greengrin.gif
~ & welcome to the world of MAC!

AriannaErin

I'm a NC25 (with light hair) and my first blush was Pinch Me... which I wasn't sure about, looked too brown and terracotta-y but it's gorgeous on, totally warms up my complexion... I tend to use more hot pinks and baby pinks now, but that will always be my favorite every day blush

Kat

I'm an NC25 and I LOVE trace gold. Good choice! I also have Dame, Mocha (pinks) and died of happiness when I went to look at Ultracheek yesterday. I ended up with Peachtwist (lovely and buildable, for an 'english rose' type look) and Flirt n Tease.

dollbabybex

i think dame, welldressed or shimmersweet would look really nice on you.
i like warm pinks with dark hair x

yam900

You have given me loads to work with guys, thanks. I shall probably opt for a cool toned pink as well as Trace Gold. I am pretty fortunate, i can get away with both warm and cool toned colours.

Wattage, thankyou for your welcome!

Latest posts