HELP......My makeup never stays put :(

Hi Everyone,

I don't know whats going on with my face. I'll put on my makeup and within an hour all my color is gone. Blush, foundation, eye eyeshadow, none of it will stay on me. I'm getting SO frustrated because I'll leave the house feeling good but within an hour I'm sad. I would say my face is oily but not that oily. I was my face, use a toner, and an oil free moisturizer.

Please Help.

pumpkincat210

I use mac prep and prime skin under my foundation and then an eye shadow base, like mac paints or urban decay primer potion. This way I only have to touch up my lips during the day. HTH!

aziajs

You could also try one the products people use to set their makeup - Model in a Bottle, Fix+, Ben Nye, etc.

asteffey

try washing your face with a scrub to get off the dead skin and moisturize awhile (30+min) before applying makeup. set your foundation with powder and use primer before eyeshadow & foundation. emoillent based blushes and eyeshadows seem to lose brightness as hours pass. blot papers and blot powder help leave makeup where you put it, too.

Ms. Z

Yeah, I have the same problem. MAC Prep & Prime does help the application go on easier but it really doesn't help the problem. The Prep & Prime for eyes is pretty dreadful, it moves/rubs, I quite don't know how to explain it.

Thanks for the info on the one by Smashbox, I was going to buy that.

Eye<3Colour

Almay has a new line out, it has a primer w/that line. its 16 bucks!! ouch, but maybe you could try that?

glittergoddess27

MAC has a prodcut called "Matte". I didnt know about it until we were talking about the Smashbox Photo finish stuff. It is really good prep for your face and goes on as a gel and dries to a smooth finish. Definitely worth a try and cheaper than Photofinish. But I think you have to as kabout it. I have never seen it before until an MA pointed it out.

Latest posts