Help needed! First red lipstick :-)

lily89

So as the title says I need some help with choosing my very first red lipstick. For some reason I have been staying away from red but I think it is time to get some red in my life xD I am nw15 and I was looking up some swatches online and was thinking about Ruby Woo or Russian Red? I dont look good in yellow/orange ubdertone lipsticks. I like my lipsticks a bit brighter but to be wearable to work at the same time. lol so please could you give me some recomendations?

elena_623

Ruby Woo and Russian Red both have a blue undertone (which is awesome because it makes your teeth look white) and both compliment basically everyones skin tone. Russian Red is a deeper red where as Ruby Woo is brighter. I personally LOVE Ruby Woo because its a Retro Matte. If you can, get both! They're both beautiful shades

Dominique33

Burberry Military Red ( very classy ) Dior 999 a go-to Red lipstick MAC Ruby Woo, a must-have Chanel Pirate or Passion both are great Armani 400 Estée Lauder Vengeful Red Among others ;) I hope this was useful

shellygrrl

Staff member
Illamasqua! They also have a vast selection of reds. :) Sangers is a great one (I own this). Maneater is another one to check out, as is Box.

I said Russian Red or Ruby Woo
sneaky.gif

jetjet

Don't forget the Mineralize line too - Everyday Diva is great (I'm a Nw10-15). I find the formula a lot easier to wear (i.e. with Russian Red - which i also love! - I need to use a brush and liner, whereas everyday diva doesn't need all that special attention)

I also think that Ruby Woo would be perfect but Russian Red is also a great color. Also, how about the VG I which is darker kind of a brownish red but still with a blue undertone therefore also easier for every day since you are not used to wearing reds ? I am also not a red-kind of girl and I also started with the VG I to get used to it :)

isazohra

Cockney is really good to begin, it's sheer but red. I started with it and now most of my lipsticks are red. I think it's easier to begin with a lustre than a matte one.

liquidsirenhoney

I have just recently started to wear red and went on a red lipstick buying binge . Ruby Woo is amazing and I really like Kinky.

Jennyemm

Reds are so fun!! Russian red was my first red, and I feel like it's a very classic shade to start off with.

Latest posts