Help needed!!

cocolette

hey all
im very new here, ive been looking at the site for a while and i really like it.
I dont normaly wear make up, as i have no idea how to apply it lol
But i so do makeup lol as you can see from my pic, my skin is very pale and i have REALLY bad bags, this is the main thing that i want to cover but i also want to learn how to apply foud. and conc.

Oh, and im having a problem with the top lid eyeliner, when i apply it, i close my eye and try to draw a line as close to my lashes as possible but when i look up, the line is half way up my lid, if that makes any sense???!

Larkin

Yeah, it makes sense. The same thing happens to me. I guess it's just the way our eyes are. Not enough of the lid shows, so it looks like the line is super thick when it's not.
ssad.gif

Hawkeye

Laura Mercier secret concealer is probably the best bet for the bags under your eyes that you said you were very concerned about.

With the concealer just dab it on your under eyes and any spots you think you need to conceal (acne, etc)

With foundation you only need to use it sparingly. Just apply with a sponge and you'll be good to go and make sure you have no lines-just keep blending it in
smiles.gif

As for the eyeliner- the trick to this is to apply right on the lashes. Literally take your e/l pencil (Or liquid) and put it right on the base of the lashes and then instead of dragging it across sort of dot it along the way but make sure you sort of draw it in there. Does that make any sense?

This thread is awesome at explaining how to apply e/l
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=53288

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

With liquid liner, I'd also suggest getting a 209 or 211 brush coz some of the tips on Liquid liner are fairly thick, that way you create thinner lines or you can control how thick they are...

With foundation, I'd go get matched correctly at MAC or wherever, and you can ask then to demonstrate how to do coundation properly and also concealor properly. And once you get color corrected then its easier to find what eye/lip color will suit you due to blue based colors or orange based colors according to your skin tone... Hope that helps!

Larkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch

As for the eyeliner- the trick to this is to apply right on the lashes. Literally take your e/l pencil (Or liquid) and put it right on the base of the lashes and then instead of dragging it across sort of dot it along the way but make sure you sort of draw it in there. Does that make any sense?

This thread is awesome at explaining how to apply e/l
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=53288

I tried this, and it worked great! Thanks for the tip.
smiles.gif
I love the look of liquid e/l. I didn't think my eyes would allow me to wear it though.

liquidsirenhoney

i think when it comes to applying eyeliner liquidliners are easier in my opinion and the brush can make a big difference, and just p[racticing can help too, it took me a long time to get good at making my lines straight and right at the lash line.