help please

beautymarked79

hey guys...
i ve just joined
graucho.gif
in and need your help and advice on eye makeup..
  • iam a nc35....with dark circles
    ssad.gif
    (for which i use mac concealer) with very pigmented lids...so much so that e/s dont show up much..
  • right now the e/s i m using r satin taupe, sable, shroom, greensmoke, retrospeck, smut, era and a e/s in teal....and now i m quite bored of browns and taupes
  • can u please suggest some nice mac's e/s...coz i m on my way to become a mac addict
    lol.gif
  • please sugget some neutral base for my eyes that would go with most e/s..
  • one more thing which pigment should i get as a start for my pigment collection
looking forward to hear from u guys.....THANKS

alysia

bases: Bare Canvas Paint + Shell CCB (makes the best) & I've heard good things about Shade Sticks, maybe try Beige-ing?
Pigments: BUY SAMPLES, best way to try out a TON of colours for realtively cheap. Sanne is great, and Bocagirl tends to have the LE ones
greengrin.gif
but if you want to buy a whole one Goldenaire is my fav. Well after apricot pink.
Eyeshadows: Pinks: Plum Dressing, Cranberry, Stars & Rockets, Seedy Pearl Blues: Shimmermoss, Freshwater Greens: Bitter, Sumpteous(sp) Olive, Juxt Metalic/Neutrals: Woodwinked, Coppering, Goldmine, Gorgeous Gold Yellows: Juiced, Chrome Yellow
HTH
greengrin.gif

beautymarked79

this was really helpful...
smiles.gif
I just checked the mac site they didnt ve apricot pink or Goldenaire ...maybe they belong to mac pro...and we dont ve a pro store where i live...can u suggest some other pigments
THANKYOU....

alysia

yea, Apricot Pink was from the Sweetie Cake Collection, try & grab a sample of that it's gorgy
greengrin.gif
umm... Melon I've heard good things about, and Vanilla is also nice Fairylite is also great
greengrin.gif
oh and add Swimming to the greens
greengrin.gif
do you have a freestanding store or just a counter? If you just have a counter than go to Sanne (here on specktra) and buy yourself some samples, she's really great, fast & an awesome seller
greengrin.gif

beautymarked79

hey..thanks again..i ll definitely check out these colors at mac
smiles.gif
they look great at the mac site...and no its not a free standing store
ssad.gif
..its a mac counter...
can u suggest some shade in l/s and l/g...so far my collection is limited but i would love to expand it..so far i ve
jubliee
honeyflower
midimauve
syrup
and l/g in
lust
chai
elegant peach(l/e)
i am an asian with pigmented lips..
looking forward to hear some more recs....

alysia

Pick up Pink Cabana L/s from the sundressing collection, its to DIE for and it's LE
greengrin.gif
that the only l/s I happen to have at the moment, but for l/g I love love love pink poodle (very BRIGHT pink, it's awesome) if you can still find it Petit Four from Sweetie Cake is perfection (coral) I also love Dreaming which is a great neutral
greengrin.gif
Glamoursun & Tres Cher from the sundressing line are great as well HTH and feel free to PM/e-mail me if you need anymore help (I'll keep checking this topic to see if you've replied, but if you need any help in the future don't hesitate to ask
greengrin.gif
) Also, maybe set up a makeup application at your counter? I think it's like... 30$ worth of product to get it done, plus the MA's will help you TONS. Also you won't be able to buy most pigments at the counter, so I'd say check the sales posts, but DEFINATLY don't do e-bay, too many horror stories
greengrin.gif
Good luck!

asnbrb

I'm a NC35 Asian with pretty damn pinky lips (we sound alike!) and I second the Bare Canvas/Shell combo. Also, Benefit's lemon-aid tones down your natural lid color, while providing a nice base. I also second the sampling- I only buy the whole container of pigment now when I know that I love the color. I've only bought samples so far from mrskloo and she's completely awesome, but monique09 (did I get that right?) is friendly and kiss_kiss_kill on mua and LJ is pretty popular too. Go for Emerald Green and Grape, but don't forget the very essential colors like Melon, Tan, Coco (LE), Deckchair or Goldenaire (LE), Vanilla and quite possibly all of Sweetie Cake.

For colors, I like very jewel-like shadows. Stars and Rockets, Mystical Myst (which I NEED), Steamy, Humid and Hepcat all look great. Soem people with our coloring however say that pinks and purples tend to make it look like we've got punched in the face, but I haven't really come across that yet.

I've got my share of nudes for lippies (High Tea and Hug Me are very popular), but I've also got Girl About Town, Rage, Cockatease (LE), Indie Girl (LE), Pink Maribu (LE). Okay, I've got WAYYYY more than that, but those are the ones I love the best.

Am I done? Probably not, but I'm at work and my collection is friggin' huge and I can't remember everything right now. heehee. HTH

beautymarked79

hey..thanks to both of u ...u ve been a great help
smiles.gif
guess what i am going to check out the mac counter today..
and i think its a good idea to buy samples of pigments instead of buying the whole pot of pigments and end up sulking over it if u dont like... coz everything looks great at the mac counter and cant really resist..one more thing i guess sweetie cake collection was not launched in uk coz i didnt see at the counter neither its on mac's uk site...
i ll be in touch
thanks once again...
wavey.gif

beautymarked79

hey...
today's trip to mac was amazing ..thnks to both of u
smiles.gif

well heres what i got
EYES:
s/s in shimmersand(it looks so good on my eyes..)
pigments in vanilla and tan...wanted more but will give a try to samples first... all the colors were to die for..
e/s in
juxt
trax
woodwinked
humid(will go for more soon...)
graucho.gif

l/s in high tea(i love nude colors)
glamoursun(its a true glamour color... its quite warm but it brightened up my face..)will probably get l/s pink cabana too..
i asked the ma(who was very helpful as always)..about the ccb and she suggested hush which was quite similar to shimmersand and i opted for s/s...hush and shell both were out of stock so will get ccb next week along with the paint...need to budget too
ssad.gif
but cant resist mac..
thanks once again for ur help..

Latest posts