help problem with mascara

HapaDynazty

i have trouble with mascara i have short sparse lashes and i get racoon eyes very easily - i need a good waterproof mascara that is dramatic looking - or even a regular mascara that doesnt give racoon eyes after a few hours - or i have trouble with mascaras that look great when i apply them but only a short hour later look like the mascara has shrivled up and dissapeared!

i just have trouble finding a good waterproof mascara that is dramatic looking - any suggestions?

BlahWah

Which one(s) are you using right now? Maybelline's Volum'Express waterproof mascara never fails me and beefs up my lashes nicely, but what I do for the others I may wear is pat some blot powder under my eyes. It helps set the concealer and absorbs the oils which creep up during the day so my mascara doesn't melt and cause me to look racoon-y.

Another tip is to make sure the outer lashes are curled, or curled more than you have now. That way there's less possibility for the lashes to touch the skin.

HTH some!

Cyn

I get raccoon eyes underneath if I'm not careful, I agree with the addition of some powder under the eyes. Most of the time I don't bother with mascara on the bottom lashes. If I want a layer of color, I take a little taklon brush and get a little powerpoint or fluidline on it and just whisk a little on the ends to define them.

Curling your lashes is probably your best bet, and probably healthier for your lashes. My lashes looked a lot better once I stopped wearing waterproof mascara. I recommend the Shu, it gives a great curl.

cindysilver4

I used to only wear waterproof mascara, and my lashes always looked tiny and pathetic and unhealthy... I accidently bought non-waterproof Lash Exact by cover girl though, and my lashes look GREAT and way healthier. They don't smudge, but I do have to be careful not to RUB MY EYES like I used to be able to
smiles.gif
But Lash Exact gives me no racoon-eyes like I used to get with other non-waterproof brands. Just a thought!

Latest posts