Help - recs for a colourless loose powder please :)

jeanna

So I finally decided to actively pursue my freelancing (instead of just doing makeup as a hobby here and there), and I already have 3 appointments for this Saturday! Anyway, I need recommendations for a universal loose powder, preferably a colourless one, since I'm just starting to get my kit together. I'm buying two shades of MAC foundations, in their lightest and darkest shades so I can mix the right shade in the meantime, but I don't think I can do the same for powders. My preference is to use loose powders, but blot powders have also been recommended to me. Oh, and I know that MAC makes a colourless loose powder, but that's only available at the Pro stores and I won't be able to get to one by Saturday. I would likely have to visit a department store counter, or perhaps a Sephora store.

Help me out guys.... (you always do!
winks.gif
)

THANKS SO VERY MUCH <3333

China-Lilly

I'd go for Ben Nye neutral set as well.

I prefer loose powders over pressed ones because they're more hygenic as I can scoop a bit out.

A good choice for foundations is to get one of those RCMA mini foundation palettes - you get 16 shades for $40. You don't get very much in each shade, but you can buy the full sizes and refill as you go along.

Sushi_Flower

Can you really mix the right colour for anyone just by mixing the right amounts of the lightest and darkest foundation?

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Can you really mix the right colour for anyone just by mixing the right amounts of the lightest and darkest foundation?

I haven't had a problem yet! Most of the girls I've done makeup for are in the NC category, which is yellow or olive undertones. So, to start my kit, I bought NC20 for the light shade and NC50 for the dark shade. Then I just mix them together to get the shade that I need. I even use the foundations for myself: I'm an NC30 and I find that mixing equal parts NC20 & NC50 is a good match.

Once I can make a bit more money freelancing, I'll invest in some more shades but for now this works for me!