Help selecting right color

Tessigrl

I want to purchase the Hyper Real Foundation but not sure what color to get. Right now I use Stila Illuminating foundation in 20 Watts, I could probably use it in 10 Watts also, I'm light skin.
thanks

RussianSexpot

I wasn't sure what color I was either, but if you catch the MA's at a non-busy moment, they'll help you out. I could never find the right color foundation, and she matched me perfectly in five minutes. Only thing to tell you is there are two categories, NW and NC. They're pretty much backwards, so if you have cool tones in your skin you're in the NW category, if you have warm tones in your skin you're an NC.

Michelle

Anala

You choose whether you are light-fair-dark skinned, etc. (at the top). So your skintone.

PPP - pale
LLL - light
FFF - fair
MMM - medium
GGG - golden
DDD - dark

Then, follow that row down and choose your foundation on the side. Anythign psoted within that box are the foundations to check out.

mac_obsession

I moved this to the proper forum, I hope that you will get the answers you seek
smiles.gif

MACattack

I was a NW20 is MAC foundations and when I went to purchase Hyper Real, my MA tested it out on my skin...yeah...I'm so fair I ended up being a NW100. Hyperreal tends to be a tad darker than the rest of MAC's foundations. HTH!

Sarah

With foundation I really would suggest getting an MA to help you choose the colour, they are so helpful and will be able to pick the colour perfect for you
smiles.gif