Help w/ BridesMaid dress

MACisME

hey any recommendations for this dress? suggestions to whole face makeup would be great! post pictures if you'd like =)

3206ng3.jpg

Katja

I'd personally go with gold-bronze-neutral face, but subdued not overdone. With a hint of rose, berry, or peach for accents.

Showgirl

I have a few recommendations for wedding makeup:-

1. Wear a decent coverage foundation even if you're normally a minimalist gal, and (while not going "clown like") don't be spare on blusher, bronzer, concealer, powder: remember you're going to spend a lot of the day being photographed. If you want to "test run" your makeup before the day, taking pics of yourself is quite a good idea to get a feel for how it's going to work out. Also check for "lastability", too: there's no point picking out THE PERFECT lip colour if it comes off in seconds, your opportunities for touchups throughout the day may well be sorely limited.

2. Find out what the bride's dress and makeup is going to be like and take your cue from that. You should match your makeup style and colours somewhat to hers: if she's wearing very little colour, you DEFINITELY shouldn't be wearing much either. Remember your role as a bridesmaid is to be beautiful, but to complement HER first and foremost.

3. I'd keep eyes and lips soft and natural with this dress. I'd do kinda soft peachy/coppery colours on the eyes (all that glitters? falling star? expensive pink? soft brown liner?) and neutral pinkish/mauve lip and/or lipgloss (Skew lipstick might be nice: rosey mauve with a pearly sheen: a good "my lips but better" shade at least for my colouring)...also have a look at the MAC lustre lipsticks for a sheer, subtle lippie with a pleasant gloss-like sheeniness, I don't have it but I think "Syrup" might work well with this dress.

What I would definitely NOT do is try to match the dress with your eye makeup for the wedding.... if you wear the frock on other occasions after that (which you should do- it's stunnign!), then by all means break out the Aquadisiac eyeshadow (I think it would look LOVELY with the dress, but inappropriate for a wedding)

As long as you bear in mind 1) that you're gonna be photographed lots, 2) that your primary function is to complement the bride, and 3) that "statement" colours are best avoided, you'll be fine.

Have fun and hope this helps!

Sho x

Have fun!

saniyairshad

I would say do a bronzey turquoise eye. That would look gorgeous!!!!!!
and a nude lip..with a subtle bronzer