help!! what tool do i use??

a914butterfly

what is the best brush or what do you use to make the eyeshadow color that i see in the "looks" or "tutorials" section that is under the eyes(under lower eyeliner)? i'd love to do that, it looks so nice but everytime i try to line the eyeshadow under my eye, it just comes out to be a big mess and i look like a clown! if anyone can give me some tips or let me know what brushes or tools they use, i'd appreciate it! thanks

bluegrassbabe

Are you referring to the heavy'ish kinda smokey smudged line under the lower lashes? Hopefully that makes sense.
I generally start with a kohl pencil and maybe blend some shadow into it using the 266 brush. Then I go back and blend and soften it with the 219 pencil brush. HTH

Jennifer Mcfly

I usually either use MAC's 219 brush, or Sonia Kashuk's small angle brush. It's a cross between MAC's 272 and 266 brush and I love it!

a914butterfly

thanks what im trying to get at is under the eye there will be black eyeliner and just under it will be the eyeshadow. everytime i attempt this i look like a clown or someone with ugly crazy looking "bags"

bluegrassbabe

Ok, that's what I thought. Definately try the 219 brush to help blend the liner into the shadow. Also, when you are applying, put the shadow on top of the liner, not under. Then blend it very slightly downward with the liner brush. That way it won't be so heavy or raccoonish.

aziajs

I also agree use the 219. It's a nice brush and I think it's exactly what you are looking for. Bluegrass gave a really good tip that I didn't even know. Place the shadow over the liner, not under it.

a914butterfly

the picture of the icon MIDGARD is using is the look that im trying to create. you can see the violet color eyeshadow under the eye and it looks nice and not like a clown or big baggy eyes. i been trying to do this, but it never comes out as nice

Latest posts