Help with Coco Beach pigment - fake?

dangerpin

I was wondering if anyone who possibly has an OJ of Coco Beach could help me out? :( I just received one and I'm worried that it might be fake and wanted to ask around to make sure. My batch code is A43 on a printed gray label. I'm mostly worried because the jar does not have the horizontal lines that show up when you hold it at an angle in the light. Have there been pigments released that do not have the lines? I was told that it was a telltale sign, and all of the pigments I own at the moment have these. Also, it might just be me, but I swear the pigment itself has a bit of a smell... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all..

IMG_3531.jpg
IMG_3532.jpg

The font doesn't match any of the jars I have, even the older ones.
IMG_3535.jpg
IMG_3536.jpg
IMG_3538.jpg
IMG_3539.jpg
IMG_3541.jpg

(Coco Beach vial on the left, Coco Beach in question, Chocolate Brown) <br>
IMG_3544.jpg

Left to right: Chocolate Brown, Coco Beach in question, Coco Beach vial (The swatches don't show up super perfectly, but hopefully it gives a bit of an idea)

LMD84

sadly i dont have this pigment. but i also dont have any pigments with that style of pring on the back and i've got about 90 of the things. i am hoping that somebody with this pigment can help you out as soon as possible.

angi

I have coco beach, so I will have a look at mine tonight for you. Some pigments do have a smell to them, but it tends not to be until you get pretty close. The best way I can think of too describe it is a slightly bittersweet chemical smell. Of course, given the age of this pigment/ the conditions the previous owner kept it in, this scent might be acentuated. I know that people who've had fakes with scents generally report them as smelling quite sweet, powdery almost.

I'm a little worried that the base of the jar might be displaying a common counterfeit feature. Could you get a picture of it direct above the base?

angi

Checked mine for you and I think you're good on this one. My batch code matches, font matches, writing matches. I wasn't in very good light but I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have the 'lines' in the jar either. It seems like on this pigment the jar is not as thick because it was hard to an angle on it to get enough light through to check. HTHs

The writing on the back of the jar doesn't match any of the OJ pigments that I have. I am thinking that this is a really, really, really old jar of pigment. If it is really old, that could account for the smell of it too. Maybe you should do some research to see if you can find pictures of really old pigment jars and see if it matches up with what you have. GL!

armyguyswife

I have this Pigment (bought myself @ MAC so I know it's real) ...your pic looks EXACTLY like mine as I'm looking at it right now to be sure....I can tell you the JAR is REAL,as to the contents??? but it looks to be the right shade .