Help with first MAC purchase

karmakitten

I am about to purchase so MAC products and thought this would be the BEST place for advice.

I would like to do green eyes and purple eyes maybe with some gold highlights.

I was thinking Schroom(?) as a base for both (if you guys think it will go) and maybe swimming and something else for green and no idea for the purple.

What shades would you gals suggest . . . also should i get a shadow or pigment for using as highlights.

I am also going to get two brushes . . . i was thinking a flat one for all over colour and and angle one for definition . . .

Would appreciate any advice. . . i am fairly pale skinned with deep red hair and green eyes

Thanks heaps

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I have never bough MAC before and am travelling 5 hours just to get it (thats dedication for you . . ha ha)

HotPinkHeels

hey there...welcome to the forum
smiles.gif

shroom is a great base for any colour...i also like mylar or orb as bases.
There are heaps of great purples out there, my fave is hepcat but its pretty bright, i also use purple haze which has less shimmer.
As for greens i use Pro colour Dark Teal, Velvet Moss and Prose and Fancy (i think one was LE though)
have fun with ur MAC when u get it
smiles.gif
there'll be no stopping u now

angelwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPinkHeels
hey there...welcome to the forum
smiles.gif

shroom is a great base for any colour...i also like mylar or orb as bases.
There are heaps of great purples out there, my fave is hepcat but its pretty bright, i also use purple haze which has less shimmer.
As for greens i use Pro colour Dark Teal, Velvet Moss and Prose and Fancy (i think one was LE though)
have fun with ur MAC when u get it
smiles.gif
there'll be no stopping u now

Did you get Dark Teal from the Chapel St Pro Store? If you did, what other Pro Products do they have?
greengrin.gif

Glitziegal

For a nice mid tone green, I think swimming is a winner. Purple wise Parfait Amour is lovely, and there is a new purple just released but I can't remember it's name. :confused:
Phloof is a great all round highlight.

Shawna

I actually love the way golden olive pigment and violet pigment look together. I also love sumptuous olive and plum dressing together. They are veluxe pearl eyeshadows and blend like a dream. For a highlighter, you can't go wrong with vanilla pigment. Shroom is great as an all over base, but I would also try stilife, bare canvas, or base light paint (I love paints) For brushes, my favorite all over shadow brush is the 239. The 219 pencil brush is perfect for the crease, defining, and creating a smokey eye. They are more expensive, but worth every penny. I don't actually like the angeled brush, but it depends on what you like. I prefer the pencil brush. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

mspixieears

I love purple eyes too and recommend Plum Dressing & Beautiful Iris e/s. Both are veluxe pearls and are yummers.

Woodwinked might be nice as a gold-ish colour too. I have heard many swear by Vanilla pigment as the ultimate highlighter so you might like that too.

xiahe

I really like Parfait Amour or Au Contraire...and the new Satellite Dreams (Idol Eyes; just released) is LOVELY.

Nicole_20

For a highlight I For Sure recommend Vanilla pigment. It's awesome. I also starting using Jest as a highlight, even though it has a bit more pink in it. It's excellent.
Intoxicate is a nice dark matte purple...really good for lining.
Good luck at MAC.

nphernetton

I love using my star violet with my amber lights, I think those two look pretty together, and I have green-brown eyes, so the purple really brings the green out.