Help with Outer "V" (possibly stupid question)

feebee

Ok, think im doing something wrong!

For example i might put Retrospeck all over my lid. Then some Goldbit on the inner corner, blended out into Retrospeck.... now, here is where the trouble starts!

I use my 219 brush and draw a V shape, say using Romp, on the outer part of my eye... i then fill this in and start blending with my 224 brush.
Trouble is, all 3 colours kinda blends into one... and id really like more definition on the outer V if that makes sense.
I tend to blend inwards though, would that be the problem?
Or should the V only be drawn onto the very outer corners?

Ive been looking through some tutorials (PrettyKitty and Olivebuttercup!) for some tips, but any more advice or tips would be most welcome!!!

Shawna

The only thing I can think of is maybe you aren't putting enough shadow on the V. When I put my shadow into my v, it is really dark and makes me look like a clown. Once I have blended it in, it leaves definition. My hubby walked in on me one day just after I had applied my crease colour, but before I had blended. He politely asked what street corner I would be working that night
icon_eek.gif
Nice to know I look like a prostitute. Anyhow, once it was blended, it looked great. Don't be afraid to pack on the colour.

feebee

Thanks shawna, ill give that a try!
Although i think its just my eye shape doesnt take this whole outer V thing well.... i might just stick to what works and keep the darker colour in the crease for some definition!

Joke

Yep, for some reason, my eyes look best when I just stick to darker color in the crease. Maybe I'm not doing the V thing right or maybe it's just my eye
smiles.gif

Magpie

I have exactly the same problem, not matter what I do once I start blending all the colours just seem to merge into one. I'd quite like to see the colour on the outer V before it's blended to get an idea of how much I should be putting on.

Shawna

Hmm, Jude, the makeup goddess did a tutorial a while back showing what it looked like unblended. I'll see if I can find the link. http://specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29814

Go down to the part where she says "here's how it looks unblended" You can see how bright and messy it looks at this point, and then how flawless it looks once blended. Of course, it would help to have some of her skills
graucho.gif
Anyhow, I hope that helps a bit.

Latest posts