Help with prom make-up =)

Me in my dress:

vson4l.jpg

And I was trying something with Aquadisiac, Plumage, and Retrospeck for a teal smokey eye (the camera flash washed out the colors a LOT):

vsoqgz.jpg

I was also thinking maybe a bronze smokey eye with a pop of teal on the outer corners or my beloved Peacocked liner on the lower lashline. Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Kat

I like your idea of a bronze smokey eye with some teal or glitter liner. I don't know if you like gold but I did a gold smokey eye on a friend with a pop of shimmermoss on the lower lashline and it was hot!

Wattage

I am going to go against the grain here and say turquoise blues. I am a big fan of pairing makeup and clothing sometimes. Since this dress is quite simple and not overpowering, I think you could get away with it. But if you dont want to, I recommend the golds. I don't know about bronze, I don't think it would be as good as gold would be.

Maybe try a few FOTDs with it and see what you think
smiles.gif

dearstars

I think using gold on the inner eye, and teal on the outter eye, with peacock liner on the waterline would be incredibly hot. I think the dress cries for some gold. I think keeping it smokey like the picture, will draw more attention to the dress, and I think YOU need to be more of the finished look...as in, you're wearing the dress, not the dress is wearing you.

Edited to add: That dress is awesome though, I absolutely love it. Where did you get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearstars
Edited to add: That dress is awesome though, I absolutely love it. Where did you get it?

Thanks! I got it from Nordstrom.

Latest posts