Henri Bendel's shipping prices....

Hilly

Ugh..here is my rant.
I'm by no means a cheap skate or anything like that, but this is just absurd.

I paid $12 for my Henri Bendel lipstick and gloss to come from NY to TX.

According to FedEX's website shipping quoter, it should have cost around $4.50. The dang thing only weighs .6 lbs!!!!

I hate when people overcharge to ship....I especially hate it when Ebayers do it too. Gahh.

I understand handling fees, but still...I think it's such poo.

My plan is to write them a nice little letter tomorrow
graucho.gif

Shimmer

my best friend was going to order it from bendel's, and they were going to charge 9 dollars shipping.
She told them to keep it and she would get it for less buying it on LJ.
lol.gif

lethaldesign

Yep, it was $37 to get both the lipstick & lipgloss sent to me from NY to CA. That's $14 per item + taxes + S&H. But I understand this was the universal shipping price unless you wanted NEXT DAY shipping, which instead of being $9 would be $16.

If you are paying MORE for the item to ship than the actual item itself, there is a problem. I hate how people/companies REEM you with their shipping costs, its ridiculous.

NLoveW630

I Passed On This Collector Item(s) Just Because Of The Shipping. I Was 14.00..i Could Of Brought An Eyeshadow, Also. It's Just Not Fair!!!!

xbrookecorex

Don't even get me started, $26 for that damn lipstick that I don't even like. I want to get rid of it but I doubt I'll be able to make back what I paid thanks to that damn shipping.

Hilly

Well I wrote them a nice little letter. They dont even have a website....I mailed it in. I will let yall know if they credit me or do anything..

MACa6325xi

Well, I'm glad the colors didn't catch my eye or I would have had my Mother schlepping over to the store to pick it for me. I really don't like being ripped off. They probably would have charged $12 to ship from Manhattan to The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island
hmm.gif