Hey guys! Help a 14 year old out! :-p

SoHeartc0rex3

I don't know much about which colors would look good on me. I have light dirty blonde hair, blue/green eyes, and I'm a NW20-25.
smiles.gif
It would help me out SO much if you told me which colors in eyeshadows and fluidlines/eye kohls would look good on me.
clap.gif
I don't mean just colors, maybe names of them?
smiles.gif

Thanks in advance! Hope you can help, I love MAC!
cheerleader.gif

Hawkeye

E/S
Satin Taupe
Kid
Shroom
Patina
Mulch
Girlie
Shroom
Pink Freeze
Pink Venus
Parfait amour

Fluidliners:
Honestly black will look really harsh on you (IMHO)
I'd go for Rich Ground or Lithograph

E/L from MAC
Coste Riche
Powersurge
Taupe
Slate

Why do I keep recommending Taupe? I LOVE TAUPE and other than that I suspect it's going to be the hot thing for Winter. I dont know why it's just a gut feeling I have. :/

ebonyannette

Ooh, you can totally play up your eyes this fall. Your so lucky to have colored eyes!

Also alot of lighter toned people love Woodwinked to help bring out their eyes. Patina is a gorgeous shade as well

I would go with Teals like Pompous Blue or Aquadisiac.

Teddy Kohl would be great for you to smoke your eye with.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHeartc0rex3
I don't know much about which colors would look good on me. I have light dirty blonde hair, blue/green eyes, and I'm a NW20-25.
smiles.gif
It would help me out SO much if you told me which colors in eyeshadows and fluidlines/eye kohls would look good on me.
clap.gif
I don't mean just colors, maybe names of them?
smiles.gif

Thanks in advance! Hope you can help, I love MAC!
cheerleader.gif

I'm going to sound like a little old lady, but I would advise that you stick to touches of subtle color that brighten up your face and highlight your features and make you look more "polished."
Don't try to hide what you see as "flaws" under heavy concealer, or try to "re-shape" your features with makeup.
Of course, that's not what you asked about!
Since you asked about color recommendations, I like:
Eyeshadows- Satin Taupe and Shroom
Pigments- Melon, Vanilla, Shimmertime, Sunny Daze
Fluidline- Dipdown
Blush- Coygirl, Cute, Dollymix(if you're fairly careful)
Lipstick- Viva Glam IV, Pink Maribu, Plum Dandy

Good for you for using MAC at your age! You might as well start out with the good stuff. You're going to want to experiment, and some experiments will fail. That's okay. It takes a long time to learn about yourself, and what works for you.
It's FUN, though!

frankie!

Same age as you ;D
I have dirty blondish hair and blue green eyes as well.. but im NW15.

heres what i looove:
woodwinked
mulch
satin taupe
pompous blue
shroom
sable
antiqued
goldmine
juxt
etc.

as for fluidlines.. blacktrack is my favorite. rich ground is nice too.
you can really try out any eye kohl. i use all different colors. some nice ones are teddy, prunella, violet underground and i also like out to sea!

kimmy

i'd go with some toned down colours. when i first started wearing makeup when i was about 15 or 16, i wore THICK black eyeliner. i was NW25-30 with strawberry blonde hair and i've got green eyes, so i was close to the same look as you. the black was a HUGE mistake! so i'd suggest steering clear of black or any other really dark colours
winks.gif

for eyeshadows, maybe Twinks, All that Glitters, Woodwinked, Antiqued and Gorgeous Gold (i'm HUGE on veluxe pearl finished hahaha)

for eyeliner pencils, try out Rosemary & Thyme or Powersurge kohls. Handforged, Bountiful Brown and Duck powerpoints would probably work well for you too
smiles.gif
Brassy or Richground fluidlines would robably be a good choice as well!

HTH!

eowyn797

might want to try Satin Taupe with Gleam and Nylon (i line with a Mary Kay bronze e/l stick, but MAC's Teddy kohl is good, as are Costa Riche or Bountiful Brown if you want something lighter)...i'm close to your coloring (blue/grey eyes, NW20) and i wear that color combo CONSTANTLY. it's nice and unobtrusive yet very pretty so it's great for an everyday look when you don't have tons of time/inspiration in the morning. i just use drugstore mascara because i hate MAC's so currently i have Lash Exact and Fantastic Lash from CoverGirl.

i also wear Seedy Pearl, Swish and Mulch with Vanilla/Dazzlelight to highlight with Blacktrack f/l. today i'm rockin' pretty much the same look, but with Sketch as a liner (shadow mized with some e/l mixing medium) instead of the f/l.

i only own two F/ls because i used to have a bunch and *never* wore them. i recommend Blacktrack and Rich Ground (oh, no, that's a lie! i have Silverstroke, too, but only for nights out on the town).

try looking for things with a reddish or gold reflect to them as those will really bring out the blue in your eyes.

cno64

I'm with the poster who recommended taupes!
You do have to be careful, or they'll look too dark.
Carefully applied, though, they're perfect: cool brown, but not too too cool, and natural-looking.
Finally, I'd suggest investing(and it will cost a considerable amount) in some top-quality brushes.
That will make application soo much easier and more polished-looking.

Latest posts