Hi guys! I am new and need opinions!

jbcox2002

So I am new to this cosmetic world. I used to just use the bare essentials until about a month ago and have been practicing. Now, because I am new I do not have many colors and I SWEAR when I was doing this I didn't mean to use Christmas colors
lol.gif
BUT just need opinions on this...mostly if it looks like I applied correctly, any suggestions on different eye color's etc. Plus how in the world do you guys take such pretty eye pictures!! I took me about 30 min just to get these 4 shitty ones!! :lol

The colors I used here are Meadow, coppering and Satin Taupe with stubborn brown eye pencil and Coal black pro lash. I also used Clinique warm brown brow keeper eye pencil.

The only other colors I have are
Sketch, Naked Lunch, Mythology, Retro Speck and tempting. Any advice, critisism, compliments (if any
lol.gif
) are all welcome and encouraged!! I don't get angry unless someone is just flat out rude 8)

Thank you in advance!! Any help is greatly appreciated!

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to add this is obviously just for fun, clubbing nights, parties etc. I could also use ideas for day wear colors as well as business wear (I work in a bank)
Thanx again!

aziajs

I am by no means an expert but the one thing that I would suggest is to practice blending your shadow more. It's a hard thing to do. And it definitely takes practice and patience to get comfortable with it.

jbcox2002

Thank you! I thought I had blended but I guess I am not sure what that is, or how to do it correctly. Could you elaborate?

Thank you!!

kimmy

you absolutely have a great start if you're just beginning
winks.gif

i agree with aziajs, blending is a huge thing. you can make anything work with the right blending
smiles.gif
it's pretty much where you soften the lines between the different coloured shadows. you can do it with your fingertips, q-tips or cottonballs and just diffues the edges of the shadows into each other...if that makes any sense hah. i'm not really good at explaining things
oh.gif

for an everyday look, you might be able to do a kind of smoky eyes thing with retrospeck and naked lunch. that would be fabulous, i think
greengrin.gif

jbcox2002

Thank you so much!! I made a stab at better blending today...I will be posting these in FOTD as well, but thought here would be good to ask opinions on if this is better....Thanx!!!

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
you absolutely have a great start if you're just beginning
winks.gif

i agree with aziajs, blending is a huge thing. you can make anything work with the right blending
smiles.gif
it's pretty much where you soften the lines between the different coloured shadows. you can do it with your fingertips, q-tips or cottonballs and just diffues the edges of the shadows into each other...if that makes any sense hah. i'm not really good at explaining things
oh.gif

for an everyday look, you might be able to do a kind of smoky eyes thing with retrospeck and naked lunch. that would be fabulous, i think
greengrin.gif

LOL...that is probably the best explanation of blending that I have heard. I couldn't have answered the so eloquently.

amandamakeup

I love the green look.. but theres something bugging me.. Dont get me wrong..I am not being rude....Instead of maybe doing the green all the way up to the brow... I would have stopped it a little lower, and used a very shiny white in the place...right up to the brow. (like Frozen white or frost pigment) I think its because your eyes are green like mine that I notice the green more.
Just my opinion..
But I do love it though!!
smiles.gif

Latest posts