Hi I need wedding help

sunshynebabe

Hi im in a wedding this saturday and im getting my makeup done by Mac, Im a bridesmaid. Do you have any suggestions to what kind of makeup i should ask for? Thanks

martygreene

Have you consulted the bride? Often brides have a preferance to the look which the bridesmaids should have, to keep the uniformity and such. I'd ask her what she would like you to wear.

bluegrassbabe

Yup, definately ask the bride what she would like everyone to look like. Generally, you should stick to something fairly neutral and classic. Your makeup will be in your friends pictures forever, so you don't want to have anything that might look trendy or dated in ten years from now.

giz2000

This post reminds me of a customer I had last year...she was the maid of honor for her brother's wedding...she did not like her future SIL at all...apparently the bride didn't have the greatest fashion sense and wanted the bridemaids' makeup to be...purple, pink and black...mind you it was for a noon wedding and they were wearing pale peach dresses...
icon_eek.gif

I did her makeup using Arena, Bronze, a tiny bit of Coppering, and Shroom, with bronzer and Beax for her lips...she looked amazing and she was so happy...she told me that she was going to look better than the bride (and she didn't care!). She came back to show me the pictures...while she looked beautiful, the rest of the wedding party looked like they had stayed out all night and forgot to wash their makeup off...they actually did the purple eye scheme...
rofl.gif

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Have you consulted the bride? Often brides have a preferance to the look which the bridesmaids should have, to keep the uniformity and such. I'd ask her what she would like you to wear.

I agree! It's best to find out what she wants first. If she does not care just make sure they give you a simple elegant look. Make sure you don't overcast the bride's makeup.

Latest posts