Highlighting

ebonyannette

Which colors do you use for highlighting and how do you get it to stay on?

I chatted with MAC, and the person told me to use Paint as a base. I havent done that yet but I tried Fresh Cement shadestick how do you keep our highlight color from dissappearing?
Mine is usually gone in a couple of hours.
I have used Arena, Retrospeck, and Juiced to highlight (Im NW55) I love the colors its just that they decide to bounce before the rest of my MU

user79

Hm that's weird...are you rubbing your eyes or around the eyebrow area to cause the makeup to rub off? I've never had a problem with specifically the highlight wearing off.

I use MAC Paint as a base in the shade Untitled or also Stilife, and I use Jest e/s to highlight, or White pigment. Never had a problem with it wearing off.

MACtastic

I personally love UD Primer Potion. Its a nude color, but even if it doesn't match your skin tone, that's ok, because you only need a thin layer. I dot it onto my lids and blend it upward towards the browbone with my finger. Works well for me, and I always had problems with disappearing shadow!

Also, if you are willing to invest a bit more money, a MAC MA gave me a tip that worked great (before i found UDPP!). I used a thin layer of Paint (in a color as close to your skintone as possible) which I blended in with my finger, then on top of that a CCB. I liked to just have a nude one so that I could use the same one with anything, but you can do different colors too if you like.

ebonyannette

Thanks MACtastic, yes i have paint and CCB in Bronze so I might try that, CCB's always crease like crazy on me though, I have UDPP too but I guess I dont bring it up high enough? Im gonna have on a whole lotta base UDPP, Paint, and CCB! ha ha i'll let you know how it turns out.

MissChevious, girl I dont know what I do! ha ha I just look in the mirror and its gone, I dont really touch my eyes a whole lot.
I did the highlighter shade over Fresh Cement s/s today and its there but still faded a little. I have Tan Ray paint buto Im going have to get a lighter paint and try that which one is lighter Stifle or Untitled?

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Which colors do you use for highlighting and how do you get it to stay on?

I chatted with MAC, and the person told me to use Paint as a base. I havent done that yet but I tried Fresh Cement shadestick how do you keep our highlight color from dissappearing?
Mine is usually gone in a couple of hours.
I have used Arena, Retrospeck, and Juiced to highlight (Im NW55) I love the colors its just that they decide to bounce before the rest of my MU

Well im NC40 i use shroom to highlight... or summer neutral...
u being NW55 i dont sug using anything that remotley compares to the color white.... use either Rice paper e/s, honey lust e/s, Bamboo e/s
omega e/s... u can get away with using semi darker colors to highlight bc of ur skintone...

if u want to use paint i sug using
Sublime nature
Chiaroscuro

if u want to use shade stick i would suj these colors to u
Fresh Cement

as for base... a lot of gurls use UB Primer Potion... ehh i use prep&prime... although u wont get great reviews on it.. but ive never had a problem with it

sissypooh

Girl you better get that paint!

Do it!
smiles.gif

I love me a shadestick, but I'm having an affair with the paint! I could not live without them! They make my eyeshadow routine function so much better! Let me tell you all the things a paint will do for you!

-Keep your eyeshadow on ALL day (even if you take a nap)
-Allow chunkier, shinier shadow to stick to your eye (i.e. lustres and pigments)
-Provides a smoother base, so your other shadow will glide over it
-Best solution for people (like me) who like to wear more than 3 eyeshadows)

All you have to do is put the paint on first and go from there! A little bit goes a long way, so it doesn't take much. And depending on what color you get, you can hide the natural discoloration on your eye (red for me!) and allow your eyeshadow to show its true color.

As far as natural colors,
-Lighter skins tones: Bare Canvas, Stilife, and Untitled
-Med Skin Tones: Magrites (BEAUTIFUL COLOR), Bamboom, and Architecture
-Darker Skin Tones: Naturalism, Deep Shadow

ps: My favorite color ever is Art Jam!

Feel free to try the paints with color. They can really make your eyeshadows show much more vibrance.

EX: Chartru + Juxt = Hella Green eye!

Hope this helps along with everyone else's great recommendations!

hyperRealGurl

haha i really like the part : a little goes a long way" b/c its so true..... iv had my paints since april and i havnt put a dent in it....

~LadyLocks~

Hmm...I've never had any problems with my highlighter dissapearing either but what I use on my lids to help the e/s stay is Bare Canvas paint. You can use that on your entire lid and I'm sure your e/s wouldn't budge after that. For highlight colors I use Shroom (my favorite), Vanilla, or Nylon.

Hope this helps!

bellaetoile

first and foremost, use urban decay primer potion. one tube lasts forever, because you don't need very much of it, and it keeps shadow on all day, night, and then some. apply a tiny bit of primer potion to your finger, than smooth the layer onto your lid. you shouldn't see it, the layer should be thin. let it dry for a minute or two.

use a hair dryer to warm a shadestick for 5-10 seconds. it should be warm, and soft, but NOT liquidy. again, apply to your finger, and then smooth onto your lid. this gives you more control as far as product placement, makes the color easier to blend, and makes some of the chunkier shadesticks come out smoothly. i prefer overcast, as the white color enhances every other color, some prefer bege-ing or shimmersand. to enhance colors themselves, use a shadestick in a color coordinating with the color you're planning to use. paints and CCBs work, however, i've found they crease more than shadesticks.

my highlight color has never disappeared, when using proper bases. let the shadestick dry for a minute or two before you apply your shadow. make sure you have applied your UDPP and your shadestick all the way up to the browbone, so that your highlight can adhere to it. mac shadows and pigments, when used with UDPP and shadesticks, last forever. set your makeup with a spray or two of fix+ and make sure you aren't playing with your makeupm, or eyes. nothing makes makeup dissolve faster than the dirt and oil from your fingertips. even the longest wearing makeup will get damaged if you are constantly playing or messing with it.

Latest posts