How can I learn?

xLaceyx

Hi girls, I've been looking at this forum recently with the tutorials and you are all so talented it's unreal. How on earth do you blend the colours like that? When I try it just looks so stupid on me, Do I have to keep trying or is there a certain way to do it?

Mwah

amillion

I must say that you need to practice practice and practice. I was totally clueless about makeup a year ago and couldn't apply eyeshadow to save my life. I just started practicing when I had some free time and became comfortable with the application process. The tutorials have greatly helped as well. You will need some quality tools but that doesn't mean you need to run out and buy all mac brushes. Some ladies use inexpensive brushes and still get great results because it's really all about the application process. Keep asking questions here and you will learn a lot!

mspixieears

Completely agree with amillion!

But half-decent brushes do help. You've got to find out what effects you're after and what brushes help the most. My eye brush collection is nowhere near complete but when I notice that none in my collection can do what I need done, I get as much info and get the one that will achieve what I want.

So stick around and ask lots of questions, and just keep trying and in no time you'll get there. Most of us here aren't anywhere near pro level!

user3

Yup, practice is the way!

I can tell you that on brush has really helped me out. Sephora large shadow brush has been great and has really helped cut down on the time I spend blending. The lovely Jude (
th_worship.gif
) told me about this brush and it's pure magic!

Having a good brush is not all you need. You must spend time trying to find what works for you. Everyone blends differently.
I like to blend in small circles but I don't have a certain direction. I just blend right where the colors meet. I don't blend in or out. I will pull the color out or up and blend any harsh lines.

I am sure you can tell by looking at all the FOTD's that everyone blends differently. Of course everyone's skill level is different as well as style. It's all about how you want it to look.
I will tell you that it could take a very long time to reach goal if you don't corrrect yourself each time. When I started I would often repeat my blending mistakes. I had to reteach myself each time.

Keep practicing and trying out new ideas. It's fun and you can always wash it off!
smiles.gif

Latest posts