How consistent are MAC batches?

lynnfd

Hi Guys,

I purchased a backup from Ebay of MAC's Pearl Sunshine beauty powder from the Barbie collection. The color is a bit lighter and redder than the Pearl Sunshine I already own (and it's not Pearl Blossom). The Pearl Sunshine I bought from the store has a batch code of AA6, and the one I received is G17. I've included a link to an exceedingly blurry picture, but I think it shows the color contrast nicely.

I have to say, apart from the color, the Barbie cover slip, beauty powder box and the compact itself looks pretty much identical to the originals that I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!

http://i40.tinypic.com/wquccl.jpg

-Lyn

panda0410

The batch codes are in line with manufacturing - and I have seen plenty of G codes in LE items and quads as well so this seems fine to me. They are also within the 6 month period that generally precedes and follows collection release as well.

The colour does seem inconsistent, it could be however, from use. Once a product (and eventually ALL products over time) is used it starts to oxidate - and I have seen the same changes occur in authentic eyeshadows - backups remain generally the same colour while the ones that have been used change a little... its not until you compare them side by side that you actually see the difference.

lynnfd

Hello,

Great, thank you very much for taking the time to help me with your opinion. I appreciate it!

Lyn