How do you wear red and pink lipstick?

*MaC WhoRe*

when i went to the mall on saturday for my B2M i got russian red and girl about town. I just fell in love with these bright and vibrant colors! But now i have no idea how to wear them!!!
Please Help!! thanks in advance
weeping.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

I personally don't feel like I can pull off a strong Red lip if I have on heavy eye makeup. Some people can get away with it. But to avoid looking too clownish, I would pair your Red lip with a nice neutral eye. Maybe something like Era or Arena or even Naked Lunch. If you wanted to go for a classic look, you could do some black eyeliner along the top lash line.

As far as the pink goes, I always wear my bright pink lipgloss/sticks with jewel toned shadows; like Steamy and Au Contraire. I like it to look kinda kid like but with nicer application then a 5 year old would have. Does that make sense? I usually wear bright pink lips if I'm going out to a club with the girls! It's just so fun!
smiles.gif

Kat

I use a lot of red lipstick. To pull it off during the day, i recommend a neutral eye. I use woodwinked and bronze with a light hand (when i wear lady bug, which is a warm red) or patina is awesome as well, esp if it's a cooler red. As for night time if you feel like you can handle it, a smoky grey eye is nice with a bold lip. I use silver ring and knight devine. Be careful not to go too dark tho or it ends up looking a little odd with the red lipstick as well.

Pushpa

girl about town looks really nice with golds i love to wear it with just liquid liner and tons of mascara and a nice blush

Kat

I don't wear a lot of hot pink (even though I love it!) because I don't know what to wear it with either. But, I think the idea of a really understated eye with a lovely blush is great.

Nycutie182

Today, I wore pink lure stain and shock me gloss (which makes for a pretty bright pink imo) with bagatelle on the lid and bronze on the outer v. Mascara and eyeliner too of course - both black. For blush I wore cubic.

Pale Moon

My MA recommended me to wear minimal eye makeup when going for strong lips. She told me to use only eyeliner and mascara. The same thing for my cheeks, I'd wear a super light peach blush.

I guess strong eyes and lips will be great for night makeup..? Never really try that myself though.
smiles.gif

stuntpilot

I use Russian Red only as a stain. Otherwise, it'd overpower my skintone (NC35). Even then, I wear little eye mu. Light dusting of woodwinked, black e/l on waterline and a highlight for my browbones. A tiny hint of bronzer on my cheeks too.
smiles.gif

shamelessmuse

I am super pale and love wearing red lip stick. I usually do a light taupe and cream eye. Like Shroom on the lid and highlight with Omega in the crease and then black fluid line with a subtle wing. Then matte red lips.

I personally can not pull off hot pink. At my age and skin color I look like the worst of the 80's. But, you could pull it off. I would do it with a light wash of color on the eyes. Like light purple and lilac or very soft matte pinks. Maybe even a light wash of matte blues. Variant colors, but a nice matte wash. Then a matte stain pink lip or lighten it a tad if you want gloss.

just my two cents...

Latest posts