How exactly do you "buff"

Everyone here talks about buffing im not sure exactly what it is and in another post a few girls asked so how exactly do you "buff"?

Help!
icon_eek.gif
i feel so dumb for not knowin lol i think i have an idea but im not sure

asteffey

use a bug fluffy brush, like the 182 kabuki or a huge blush brush and use a circular motion over your foundation all over your face.

you should see a really big difference..

Shimmer

circles with the brush, as she said.
Lots and lots of circles.
Little ones.
Kind of "wax on wax off" ish.
smiles.gif
but smaller.
Lots smaller.

SChotgurrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteffey
use a bug fluffy brush, like the 182 kabuki or a huge blush brush and use a circular motion over your foundation all over your face.

you should see a really big difference..

Is this only for use with mineral foundations or can you do it with liquid ones---say after it's dried a bit?

how to buff?watch this

hi everyone!
check out this link :

http://www.bareminerals.com/demo.html

then go to:
"Applying bareMinerals Foundation with Kabuki (39 sec)"

you can only buff with mineral such as the bare escentuals mineral foundation, mineral veil etc.any mineral actually.
you buff using for example the kabuki brush.
i recommend the mac cd one or the bare escentuals brush.

hope this helps.
if you guys need anything else, let me know!

xiahe

what about "buffing" eyeshadows? i saw that somewhere on the pure luxe site about "buffing" one of their "pigments" to bring out different hues. would you still use little circles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
what about "buffing" eyeshadows? i saw that somewhere on the pure luxe site about "buffing" one of their "pigments" to bring out different hues. would you still use little circles?

i would not use buffing because you would have to use the kabuki buff and it does not allow for precise application but you can try
smiles.gif

For e/s application you can use the toiling and blending technique using the wet/dry e/s brush.
Toiling is pretty much what you would do when using mac pigment.
that is wet the brush, dip into pigment or mineral e/s and apply on lids.
You can apply wet e/s over dry and vice versa.

Hey, i'm new to bare minerals too!I'm learning from the bare escentuals site. They have great videos for application techinques; step by step videos from moisturizer to finishing mineral veil!

Usually, i would not talk so much,least recommend what you should do with bare minerals as i don't own any...yet!
But i'm learning.

I don't know what im so excited about.lol
i just ordered the starter kit from ebay in medium beige but now im wondering whether i have chosen the right shade.
I'm mac Nc35.we will see.

Will let you know guys.maybe i will do a tut.lol

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChotgurrl
Is this only for use with mineral foundations or can you do it with liquid ones---say after it's dried a bit?

Mostly it's considered a technique for powder foundations, but you can polish a liquid foundation if it's set slightly streaky (before powdering, though!)- spritz a dense, domed brush like the MAC 182 or the white tips of the MAC 187 with a light water spray (I use a no-name brand of aerosol water, similar to Evian cans) and gently polish the foundations in light, circular motions.
smiles.gif
If you keep your touch light, it will help redistribute the foundation without pushing it into your pores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisiscarene
i would not use buffing [on the eye area] because you would have to use the kabuki buff and it does not allow for precise application but you can try
smiles.gif

You can buff eyeshadows using the tip of a soft, rounded blending brush like the MAC 222. Soft, small, circular movements will polish up frosts or lustres, or give a strong metallic gleam to fluidlines like Blitz & Glitz.

Generally any brush with soft, dense bristles that have a bit of flex can act as a buffer/polisher, depending on the area you wish to use it.

Latest posts