HOW HOW HOW did my body glow get like this? =(

MisaMayah

I bought my Body Glow back in May this year. I never opened it, kept it in it's original box and stored it away in a metal storage box from Ikea(in a cool place). Two days ago I took it out the box and OMG it looks ruined!! Its all dark on one side (prob the side it's been laying on the past 5 months) and looks clumped up, the other side is fine.

It didnt look like this before. I opened it up today. The oil was clumped up around the top but I was able to push it and 'loosen' it up again. But half the bottle is like this and won't mix with the 'normal' half =( When I put it on my skin it just looks like clear oil! It doesn't smell rancid.

I tried letting it stand up the right way for two days and shook the bottle too but no change! I spent £45 on this, I'm so upset

Anyone know how I can fix it or know why this would've happened??:confused: I don't think I can take it back as it's been a long time now and I dont have the receipt anymore anyway.

Here are the pics:
Bad bit...
IMG_9565.jpg

Normal bit...
IMG_9567.jpg

See the difference...
IMG_9566.jpg

Fairybelle

Hey, don't worry--mine gets like that too. It's because it 'solidifies' when it sits and gets a little cool. Just shake it, warm it up with your hands or leave it in a warmer room and it will become like new (even in the sun is OK). Don't microwave it or put it in the oven or anything drastic like that... just let it warm up gradually and everything will be fine.

BTW--that's the tendency of the oil to become like that naturally.

j_absinthe

From the NARS website:

*Due to its unique properties, Monoï de Tahiti oil will solidify at 72 degrees Fahrenheit, without altering its quality. Warm with hands or under warm water to quickly return the oil to a liquid state.

MisaMayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
Hey, don't worry--mine gets like that too. It's because it 'solidifies' when it sits and gets a little cool. Just shake it, warm it up with your hands or leave it in a warmer room and it will become like new (even in the sun is OK). Don't microwave it or put it in the oven or anything drastic like that... just let it warm up gradually and everything will be fine.

BTW--that's the tendency of the oil to become like that naturally.

PHEW!!! Thank you!!! I am so relieved =)

tiramisu

I have had my body glow for like three years (still on the original bottle, yep!)... really only need to use a bit each time.
Still smells divine...when not used it solidifies, and when warmed ALWAYS goes back to how its supposed to be, then re-solidifies. No worries!!
I have monoi de tahiti oil that does the same thing...