How to apply pigments?

smor415

I feel stupid asking, but how do you all apply your pigments? What brush do you use? Do you put them in the lid and dip into lid? I bought a sample set of pigments not long ago, but haven't been using them. Since they're loose, I find it hard to control applying them. I feel like I'm missing out on the world of pigments! LOL

Shanneran

im not sure if this is going to help.. but i shake my container so that pigment sticks to the cap (i dont use very much.. just what sticks to the cap and i usually use a crease brush.. mines from prestige but i know mac makes many in all sorts of sizes and such... i just do a light application whether it be to the crease, brow highlighter or total eyelid wash... sorry if i wasnt much help but thats basically what i do
greengrin.gif
i hear if you use water it intensifys it as well.. never tried it tho

ladybugz07

I usually use the 213 or 224 - of course, I don't have a large selection of brushes, so there may be much better ones for pigment application. I do exactly what Shanneran does, I just use the pigment off of the plastic insert. One important thing about pigments though - a little goes a long way. Also, I recommend using some type of eyeshadow base, it really helps. I prefer shadesticks, but there are lots you can choose from. Just experiment with them and do what works best for you! Have fun...
smiles.gif

Kristen

I'm pretty paranoid that one day I will drop all of my pigments, so I've decanted my more frequently used pigments into sample jars. Otherwise, I just use what sticks to the plastic insert.

The metal and regular textured pigments go on fine for me so I can jus pat and wipe them across my lids just fine. For the chunky and fine textured I have to use a shadestick for sure and pat away.

jeanna

I use a drop of visine on my 242 shader brush and it works beautifully! If you don't want to use it wet, use the 242 to pat on the pigment, starting with a little bit at a time then building gradually to minimize fallout.

MACattack

I always use the pigment which sticks to the plastic insert, I also balance the jar and cap in my hand while I'm applying so I don't knock it over. I usually use my 252 brush, simply for the fact that it has packed bristles which really get the color to pop. I only use my 224 after I have applied the pigment in the area I want it, and then I blend. HTH!