How to apply shadesticks?

Midgard

Today I got my MAC order with many shadesticks, but I don't know how to apply them. Should I do this with the stick? Isn't it to hard for the lids to rub them on? Or do you apply with fingers?

Miss_Behave

hi there my dear! what shadesticks did you get?
I apply them on the lids and then blend with my fingers, I find the warmth of the finger helps to blend. but I saw on a tutorial here that it can also be blended with a brush. did you get penny? it's great!
smiles.gif

Midgard

Hi Silvana!

I got
- Lucky Jade
- Crimsonaire
- Shimmersand
- Sharkskin
- Silverbleu
- Beige-ing
- Royal Hue

They are awesome! Perhaps I will try one of them tomorrow! And today I got Blue Absinthe, it's sooooo beautiful!

Miss_Behave

definitly tell my how lucky jade and beige-ing are! they are on my list.
girl, you went shopping
smiles.gif

and I can't wait to see your absinthe EOTD, I envy you soooo much for pulling off blue. *sigh*

user4

i have a couple... i apply it on the lid directly with the stick and then i rub softly with my finger... u dont have to rub too hard because it spreads and blends really easily. i think the warmth from the fingers do help... let me know about lucky jade... i think thats my next s/s... that and penny!

Miss_Behave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
i think thats my next s/s... that and penny!

yeah! and now that you got sensualize as well, you can pair them
graucho.gif

Glow

I just use it after i put on a base, It should glide on easily. If it doesn't than it might be dry, that happens a bit with some of the ones i've had. Then i spread it around with my finger.
I love shadesticks. I have plenty

Kammers

I usually apply as if using regular eyeliner, but as noted above, can "tug" skin, so make sure it's warm enough first. Then I have to blend. I was using as a vavavoom shadow base last summer when doing the "aqua" thing, but I think Shadesticks are really just bigger eyeliners. They don't perform well as just a shadow, unless I'm doing something wrong! Will stick to Cream Color Base or Paints as base.

MACreation

I just got the mini set and am wearing Gracious Me, it's sooo gorgeous!!! In the natural light it is so bold, LOVE IT!!

asnbrb

I only have a few, but I put the shadestick a few centimeters away from a bare bulb for a few seconds. The heat tends to warm it up. I do the same trick with stubborn eyeliners.

cinnamongurlee

i use the stick itself and sometimes my fingers, but it depends on the colour, placement and if i wish to blend.

i have the beig-ing, fresh cement, taupographic, and shimmermint. i prefer them hands down to the paints

Latest posts