how to choose wedding makeup?

powderprincess

I'm in the same boat. I have looked on some artists websites to get ideas. I even paid for a demo app at a salon, and as I predicted I hated it, so I plan to of my own.

mosha010

I'm planning on doing my own. Funny cause I got into makeup because like 10 years ago I went to a sweet 16 and the makeup they did for me made me look so old and awful and it decided to take it off and do my own. Now I'm preparing for my wedding and been doing my own research on what I'm doing (I kept changing the looks and themes) for the church I'm doing a classical look. But the theme for the reception is Mardi gras so I'm changing my makeup (not my dress) to a vampy look after ha!

powderprincess

A Mardi gras theme sounds fun! I love watching you tube videos, but I haven't watched many on bridal makeup. I'm worried that my Guerlain BB cream will flash back so I'm going to opt for a foundation without SPF. I have read that there should be lots of matte makeup and only a little bit of shimmer. I have also looked up some makeup artists and looked at their bridal work photos.

mosha010

A Mardi gras theme sounds fun! I love watching you tube videos, but I haven't watched many on bridal makeup. I'm worried that my Guerlain BB cream will flash back so I'm going to opt for a foundation without SPF. I have read that there should be lots of matte makeup and only a little bit of shimmer. I have also looked up some makeup artists and looked at their bridal work photos.
I'm actually attending some private classes at the makeup show that will focus on foundation for this exact same reason .... Worse part : I'm getting married in the summer so I can't be too heavy that the 101 deg summer weather melts ny Face!!! When's ur wedding?

VelvetLips

I'm also getting married soon.. well not exactly soon, summer 2015 but I've started planning already. My godmother is a cosmetologist and she has done my make up for various bigger events like prom and dance school balls and I've always loved it. She seems to know what suits me. Whenever I got my make up done at a mall or counter somewhere, I hated it.

I know my fiancé doesn't like kissing me with lipstick on, especially not with the bright kind that I tend to wear a lot recently.. so I think I'll go for a more subtle lip color and soft brown eyes with winged liner maybe. My dream choice would be subtle berry-toned lipstick that is super-kissproof so he doesn't have to feel like rubbing his lips after every kiss. We'll see. I'll definitely do one or more test runs with my godmother.

Dominique33

Some make-up artists ( some, not all ^^ ) recommand Chanel CC Cream. Unfortunately there is one shade available only ( fair to medium skins ), but it wears long and the coverage is very good. Some bloggers ( Céline from Miss Lipstick ) gives a tip for users of cream blushes ( Chanel for example ) she says applying a small amount of Nivea cream before the cream blush helps. DIY recipes help too, from tea to tomato masks to prépare the skin ;) I think you'll find many tips on Beauty blogs !

mosha010

Lol. My fiancé doesn't kiss when I'm wearing lipstick. I just find a way to overcompensate later... There will be plenty time for kissin!!!!!! Lol. So I cancelled Mardi gras themed and going for something more summery appropriate. It'll be too hot for bright makeup and I'm prob going to melt. I'm using a stain on my lips instead tho. I liked the sephora ones they stay like no other. Doing test runs of them now

VelvetLips

@mosha010 well mine does but rather hesitantly. He knows he wants to kiss me but he just can't deal with the lipstick
kissy.gif

A stain sounds like a great idea.. I might look into those myself. I don't have any at the moment but maybe I should give them a try.

I hear you...summer heat and melting makeup! We're going to have an August wedding so I don't want to pile too much stuff onto my face
heat.gif

Also..my dress is going to be huge and a definite showstopper so I shouldn't overdo the make up anyways... I might just look like I'm part of some weird musical otherwise

Let me know how those test runs work out if you don't mind
th_rolleye0014.gif

allthingsglam

Awwwwwww congrats ladies on your big day I'm sure u all will look beautiful in whatever makeup u wear on your beautiful dayhehe what about the honeymoon makeup lol have fun ladies my sister who got marry two year ago was so nervous I told her to calm down and enjoy the moment

makeupmaiiden

Well I'm not married, but I know the lorac pro palette is a palette often used for weddings and other formal occasions. Personally, if I were getting married right now (teen marriage alert!) I'd use the too faced romantic eyes palette. It's cute and sweet and well, romantic!